Sign in to follow this  
haumana

Chrome anyone??? Google Chrome that is ...

I downloaded it yesterday. So far, NOT impressed. And if it's like everything else Google does,it will be in BETA forever.

Guest fivestar

I got it wednesday and didn't like it.  I am running IE 8 now and there's bugs in it.

I got it wednesday and didn't like it.  I am running IE 8 now and there's bugs in it.

is IE 8 still in Beta?

Guest fivestar

is IE 8 still in Beta?

Yup......but I'm a beta kinda guy.  ;D ;D :)

I downloaded it yesterday. So far, NOT impressed. And if it's like everything else Google does,it will be in BETA forever.

Same here. Initially I liked the very clean look to it ... so clean that it almost looks useless  ;D

Google calendar is still in beta too ... that'll be in beta forever (sigh)

as far as I know, Gmail is still Beta...after 4 years..and Grand central (bought out by Google) still is.

as far as I know, Gmail is still Beta...after 4 years..and Grand central (bought out by Google) still is.

That's right! I totally forgot about that. Hahahaha. Well, at least when Google releases beta stuff, it seems to be more stable and bug-free than a lot of stuff that Microsoft releases .... I'm still wondering how Vista made it out of beta. Hahahaha.

Guest sciondrgn

I primarily use Firefox but installed chrome last night,  Under first impressions its much faster on my pc than Firefox and I like the simplistic nature but I also miss my plug ins FF offers.

I'm a longtime firefox fan. Can't figure why google wants to own everything. They are considering hosting also, but I'll bet that they drop that ball ... a lot of loyal googlers are in the same business and it could cost them dearly.

For those still running FF2 the v3 is hot, much less bloated than previous and they've plugged the leaks that caused it to be a memory hog finally.

For those still running FF2 the v3 is hot, much less bloated than previous and they've plugged the leaks that caused it to be a memory hog finally.

You know ... I love FF over IE ... but then again, I'll take just about any browser over IE. I'm just not feelin' any love for FF v.3. I'll drive it around a little more and see if I can get used to it. I kind of like Safari for the time being.  ;D

Methinks that the getting used to is the key. We all too often stick with what we are comfortable with, sometimes not beneficially. I've never used safari, or opera, or any of the other browsers out there. Have had clients with them on their machines, but never used them beyond checking connections.

I should check them out, just to say I have.

I downloaded IE 8 at work, sites don't load right. There is that "compatability mode" button by the address bar that I have to keep clicking on to see sites work right. If you have to "downgrade" to IE7 to view pages correctly, why didn't they just leave 7 alone?

I downloaded IE 8 at work, sites don't load right. There is that "compatability mode" button by the address bar that I have to keep clicking on to see sites work right. If you have to "downgrade" to IE7 to view pages correctly, why didn't they just leave 7 alone?

Microsoft has disabled the compatability mode..no idea why.

why didn't they just leave 7 alone?

Because they can't leave well enough alone?

Because they can't get it right the first time?

Because they no longer monopolize the new PC browser market and they are tryin to confuse us with multiple choice products?

They are trying to hold to the high standards of Bill Gates, even in his absence?

It is so good to have so many other, stable, reliable venues .. and one of these days I'm gonna install the plug-in for FF and then I'll never have to use IE again, not even for updates!

Bob

why didn't they just leave 7 alone?

It is so good to have so many other, stable, reliable venues .. and one of these days I'm gonna install the plug-in for FF and then I'll never have to use IE again, not even for updates!

Bob

Could you imagine in a lesser world, all PC people might have been stuck with IE only. How scary is that?  ;D

Since I bought a Mac in the spring, I haven't tried any other browser at home except Safari. I tried to switch to FF at work, but it does not mesh well with our intranet. I am stuck with IE at work...sad...

Anything from Google is not to be trusted. One of the biggest trackers on the net to date. LOL, sheep to the slaughter.  Stick with Firefox or Opera.

Google want to own the world. They have a habit of keeping things in BETA forever.(Gmail...4 years and counting) so if something goes wrong,they can say 'well, you knew it was BETA" I don't think they know the true meaning of the word. I fell for the Grand Central crap...but it was at least free.

I'll stick with Opera,thanks.