Sign in to follow this  
edge

Issues launching SignIt X2 from Corel X3

Had most recently been using SignCut PE Ver 2.16 launched from Corel X3, never felt a need to upgrade cause it wasn't broke and had all that I needed. Within the last month I lost the ability to launch SignIt X2 from Corel. Failure message is "Failed to load control 'SSTab' from Tabctl32.ocx. Your version of Tabctl32.ocx may be outdated."

Upgraded this week to SignCut PE Ver 2.21 without regaining the SignIt feature, still receive the same error code. Can anyone offer any insight? Thanks

System

3600+ Sempron

Windows XP Home Edition Ver 2002 Service Pack 3

1.37 GB of RAM

I had uploaded the Corel X3 service Pk 1 and 2 previously. Yesterday, I removed all CorelDraw X3 Graphics Suite elements from the computer along with all SignCut X2 Elements. Reinstalled them both (without the Corel Service paks) along with instructing SignCut ver 2.21 to reinstall export plug-ins, all to no avail. Everything else that I have tried in SignCut appears to be functioning as should.

I was really hoping someone might suggest something was amis when SignCut PE goes online to verify as I'm at a loss at this end to solve the issue.

Having just read the now locked  "Signcut, read this before you buy thread" I can understand the frustration experienced by the poster as I submitted a work ticket to SignCut regarding my loss of SignIt X2 and posted this thread, when.....let's see how many months ago without any response, let alone a solution from anyone at SignCut.

Honestly...SignIt X2 was useful on occassion way back when it did function for me, but frankly it wasn't great enough for me to nag support and apparently that's what is required.

I'm using CorelDraw X4, and when I try to launch SignIt from CD X4, it appears to do nothing.. so I go on about my business... then about 5-10 minutes later, the SignIt dialog box appears out of nowhere...  Consistently, cannot get it to run without going through this strange routine...  I dunno if it's SignIt, CDX4, or Vista - or maybe a strange combination of the 3.. but I'm hoping that the new release (that has so far been without fanfare or acclaim of features/benefits) will address that issue in SignIt.

Rex S.

If you will notice the pinned topic on how to get support for Signcut I have detailed information on how best to contact us. Including my direct email. If you follow those procedures I can follow up and be sure you are assisted properly.

As far as you not being contacted about your issue, I can't explain that without you sending me your ticket number or your registered email address. I would be happy to look into it for you to help improve our support system as well as find the root of the lack of response.

The error SSTab' from Tabctl32.ocx. Your version of Tabctl32.ocx may be outdated is a windows error, to solve it you will need to find a current version of Tabctl32.ocx and place it in your system folder replacing the existing file if needed. While we strive to assist users with their hardware and operating system problems we are not Microsoft and can not provide Microsoft support. One thing to note when you are looking for the file is if you fiond it online be sure to scan the file before installing and understand updates or changes to your system directory are at your own risk.

The slow loading of Signit may be a System problem you might want to try scanning for spyware and viruses useing a different scanner package than is currently installed on your system.

that has so far been without fanfare or acclaim of features/benefits)

Signcut Productivity Pro includes severally new improvements but it is primarily under the hood changes to provide for modern Opperating Systems and new plotters.

Some of the new or Improved features are:

Simplified Cutting of missing objects - simple select the objects and cut out.

Cutting of pounce patterns (dotted or perrforated lines) Useful for making paint masks, patterns, or for paper scrapbooking

Animated Cut preview to actually see how your plotter will respond to the cutout commands

New drivers for the most recent plotters on the market

New file handling resolution to compensate for some import plotters problems with the line of death or memory buffer over and under runs

Improved Simple Contour Cutting and Advanced Contour cutting methods

Signcut Pro is a FREE upgrade - we produced the product to continue to solve problems both now and in the future. We could have used it as an excuse to force users to pay for an upgrade but all current users both Dongle and Subscription Versions are entitled to this free upgrade.

Also available is a stand alone restricted Hobbyist Version  that is a one time purchase for users who do not need to cut large files (restricted to 20" in length and width" A very cost effective full featured version for those who use their cutters for hobby cutting.

Ok..Ok.. I put away my bell bottom pants for the final time today and also upgraded to SignCut Pro...Geeesh!

While I didn't actually cut anything after the changes, I did a dry run through with Corel, SignCut, SignIt, and the dongle all appear to be functioning as one would expect.

Thank-U Kimon