SiboleGraphix

MY HUSBAND WAS JUST IN AN ACCIDENT!

My husband was driving to a job early this morning in Newport Beach. I heard the phone ringing over and over at around 7. So I finally get up and hear my husband on the answering maching, but his phone cut out. I knew something was wrong. I tried to call him but his phone wouldn't go through.

He finally called me around 7:30 again. Thankfully, he is okay. So is his friend who was with him.

I guess as he came around a bend in the freeway, traffic was stopped. He tried to stop in time, but his brakes locked up and he slide into 2 cars. One guy was okay, and was able to drive away. The car in between the two though was completely smashed in and the guy had to go to the hospital, but he should be okay too.

My husbands big white F350 is no more. He said the front was smashed in and a tow hitch flew through the back window. But I am so glad he is okay. It was my husbands fault so hopefully the insurance covers everything. I was so worried this morning, especially when his phone wouldn't work, I'm just so glad to hear he's okay.

Okay, now back to getting the kids some breakfast and getting me a red bull.

Amber :-

Hey Amber, I hope everything turns out good for your husband. At least everybody walked out of this. Material stuff is just that.

Take it easy girl  :huh:

Amber....I can't stand those calls, just freaks ya out!

I'm glad your husband and everyone involved is ok...that is what matters most!  I hope everything works out fine with the insurance company.

Hang in there.

Jenny

Thanks Joe, Thanks Jenny. I have always hated him driving in that crazy traffic to the beach. I'm just so glad it wasn't worse.

Now I have to get my daughter ready for school and her first picture day. Can't wait for my husband to get home.

Amber

Glad he and his friend are ok,

Sometimes I hate driving the So. Cal Freeways, just because of that reason, the curves and then the dead stops.

Take care

hey amber, so pleased to hear he wasn't hurt. i know the feeling. i was hit by a u.p.s. van who ran a stop sign. my mother in law was taken to hospital and operated on for ruptured intestines.he will be shaken up for awhile, he will probably say he is o.k. but deep down he will be upset.

all the best  duke.

hey amber, so pleased to hear he wasn't hurt. i know the feeling. i was hit by a u.p.s. van who ran a stop sign. my mother in law was taken to hospital and operated on for ruptured intestines.he will be shaken up for awhile, he will probably say he is o.k. but deep down he will be upset.

all the best  duke.

I hope he is ok...at least you got hit by someone who is likely to have insurance..not some uninsured idiot driving a $200 rust bucket like I was.

Good to hear that your hubby is okay for now. Just keep an eye on him - sometimes it can take a while for any injuries to make themselves apparent. Good to hear that the other people involved in the accident are okay too. Accidents suck, but that's why they're called accidents. If he walked away relatively unscathed, that's a testament to the F350 (which is pretty darn huge  :huh: ).

Thanks again.

My husband came home a little while ago. His F350 has very minor damage (the front bumper is a little pushed in and the radiator is leaking, and the back-right window section is smashed out) but he showed me pics of the Honda they hit, and the whole backend of that car was smashed in! You can see the gouges in his tires from when he locked up the brakes and slid, it's crazy!

He is a nervous wreck, shook up and a little stiff, but he says he's okay. He just feels really bad for the guy that got hurt. He said the insurance lady told him they will cover the 2 cars he hit, and the guy who got hurt, but not his truck. So he's out a work truck for now. I'm just glad he's okay.

And the thing that saved them from getting hurt, and the truck more damaged, is the fact that his truck is lifted! If it wasn't they would have smashed in the whole front of the truck and probably would have been hurt more too.

Thanks to everyone for listening. I can now settle down that I have seen him in one piece.

Amber

I'm sorry to hear that your husband was in an accident. I'm glad that everyone is basically ok. As someone already said watch your husband for the next few days. Sometimes we don't feel the impact from a car accident immediately.

Ariti

I'm sorry to hear that your husband was in an accident. I'm glad that everyone is basically ok. As someone already said watch your husband for the next few days. Sometimes we don't feel the impact from a car accident immediately.

Ariti

I know what you mean. I was hit by a car once (saved my nephew from it though) and thought I was fine. The next day I felt like I'd been hit by a semi!

I'm going to try to get him to relax tonight and see how he feels tomorrow. He may not be doing much construction work tomorrow though.

Amber

Guest kenya

Glad to hear that everyone is o.k., but do keep an eye on him.

Like someone just said, it's the next few days when he could start having trouble.

Let us know!

Thanks Kenya, thanks Charlie.

Last night my husband told me maybe I should be "extra" nice to him at bedtime since he was in a crash.  ;D Guess he wasn't to banged up!

This morning he said he was a little stiff, a little sore, but his friend was really sore. I guess just before they wrecked, he braced himself on the dashboard and stiffened up, so now he's all sore and achy. So my husband decided to take it easy today, no work, just alot of running around bidding jobs and talking to customers. I promised him a nice hot bath later and a back rub.

Thanks for all the thoughts!

Amber

Glad to hear the second-day sores aren't overwhelming him. I'm sure he's going to be asking you to be "extra" nice to him for as long as he can possibly juice the opportunity.  ;D

Glad to hear the second-day sores aren't overwhelming him. I'm sure he's going to be asking you to be "extra" nice to him for as long as he can possibly juice the opportunity.  ;D

I'm sure he will. He's pretty good at milking it, and he'll take any chance he can to do it too. Same thing happened when he rolled his quad. I sometimes wonder if he hurts himself on purpose just to get the "extra" attention!  ;D

Amber,

I am glad to hear that your husband and his buddy are ok. I know that the half hour from 7-7:30 must have been the longest period of time you have ever experienced. I hope that you never have to experience such again.

My prayers are with you and yours.

Bob

amber, i glad ur hubby is okay. just take care of him. men tend to want to be macho when it comes to stuff like this, so keep an eye on him. wishing u the best of luck.