Sign in to follow this  
kst8catfan

"Corners" lifting

Yet another noobie here with an issue. I got the new 24" PCUT unpacked and, like so many others, struggled with assembling the stand...struggled with the cutter install on my computer...and struggled with the packaged software. After working through some of these issues by coming here and reading a lot, I'm finally starting to make some cuts.

I'm having an issue I haven't come across here on the forum.  No matter how large or small an image I try to cut, the sharp points of letters such as the inside of "V's", "W's", "M's", etc, and other designs that come to sharp points are lifting these corners and creasing them slightly.  Wouldn't be a big deal if they were just "rolled" over....I could press them back down after cutting.  But, since they're creased because of they blade holder "nut", they won't flatten out completely.  Anyone got any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong.

I've been cutting vinyl using my laser for years, but it discolors the edges of the letters slightly,  and I'm limited to a 12" x 24" workspace with the laser.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kris

What is your pressure set to on the cutter itself? How far out is the blade sticking from the blade holder?

I've tried various settings on the pressure, 70-130, and it seems that the less pressure eliminates the problem of lifting corners, but also doesn't cut thru the vinyl.  I used the pdf file I found here on the forum for setting the blade adjustment.

Should the flat surface (bottom) of the blade adjustment screw/barrel actually ride on the vinyl, or above it?

Should almost touch the material, if not touch it gently. Set the pressure to 130, and adjust the blade depth accordingly, but do not lower the pressure if it cuts too deep- rather adjust the blade depth.