chris4847

vinyl on windows. inside or out

I am going to be making several vinyl stickers for friends of mine that our going to be on there windows at their stores.  I dont know if I should put them on the outside of the glass, or reverse them and put them on the inside.  I figure that outside would be easier but if I put them on the inside wont it protect them from the elements better and wouldnt they last longer?  If they are on the inside would the sun weaken the adhesive?  I am probably just paranoid and it does not matter but what do you guys think. thanks ahead for the advise.  I can not say enough how much this forum helps me.  It is so great to meet people that are willing to help. :clap: :clap:

Dont worry the windows are not tinted. :huh:

Guest fivestar

You pretty much answered your own questions.  Now it's up to you and your friends to decide whether to put 'em on the inside or outside.  Each have their own advantages and you named 'em.  ;D:huh:;D

I put mine on the outside, but my store windows are tinted so I didn't have much choice. ;D

but if they oare on the inside will the sun damage the adhesive because it is shining directly on it and not protected by the vinyl on top of it. :huh:

Guest fivestar

Not that I am aware of, but honestly I haven't been doing it long enough to give you a personal answer. 

i always apply the vinyl to the outside, and even on vehicle applications with the window tinted in direct sunlight i have had no problems thus far. The only time i apply vinyl to the inside is when doing applications inside a mall or shopping center because there is no direct sunlight and people tend to pick at it if they can. i hope that helps.