CATWOM1960

What do you charge

Hi finaly got my cutter up and running (I HOPE) could anyone tell me what you charge for your Sayings, Letters, etc.

not sure what to charge for them people found out I have a cutter and now want some

when I bought this cutter didn't plan on making things for others just for my use but what the heck

Thanks for any help and or Info. you can give me

Bonnie

ok this is a question that pops up all the time on these forums, I?m not sure if this will help you for your application because it sounds like it is just you, but I?ll tell you how i work it out when dealing with employees. There are 3 billing levels:

Design/Setup fee

Production fee

Application fee

Design/Setup fee

Design fee is pretty simple charge hourly rates based on what you pay your average employee for design work and double it (aprox. 50% for employee and 50% for the company)

Production fee

This one is a little more complicated, ok you have to work out the total cost of your printing (premask, printing time, and vinyl). Lets say just to simplify things that you cost of premask is $1/yard, your cost of vinyl is also $1/yard, so far the cost of your vinyl is $2/yard. The next thing you have to take into account is the time that it takes to print the sign/image; lets say you pay your employees $15-20/hour take the $20 and divide it by the approximate time it takes to print (lets say 15 mins you simplify it) so that would mean you cost of production is $1+$1+$5/yard. After that I would double or triple to cost depending on the job and customer.

Application fee

Application fee is pretty simple charge hourly rates based on what you pay your average employee for design work and double it. Generally application fee is less then design fee because graphic designers are expensive lol.

ok hopefully that didn't freak anyone out that?s how I calculate my costs. Another way to do it is take out your yellow pages and call the signs companies in your area and use there costs as a template for yours.