polarkiss

Republican VP Pick

What do you think about Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as the VP Pick?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as the VP Pick?

• Awesome! She is perfect for the job
    • McCain is crazy, this lady doesn't know foreign policy from an oosik.
    • I couldn't care less about the whole thing.

Mine exploded but I was able to lug the jug from the water cooler over to it and put out the fire before it burned the house down.

Ha! Just Kidding Ken...good to see you back! And I MEAN THAT!

Glad to be back.

What is an Oosik?

it is the penil bone found in most mammals (not humans,and a few others)

Glad to be back.

What is an Oosik?

it is the penil bone found in most mammals (not humans,and a few others)

I am now one step closer to being a brilliant! Thank you.

;D

Sorry to hear about your explosion. Next time use a towel to smother the flames instead of water, which could cause further internal damage....

;D

My Alaskan Opinion:

Her speech was great.  Her motives are great, Her beliefs are admirable.

Everyone in Alaska loves her.  Love, Love Loves her.  It is a freakin phenomenon.

We are proud and excited for her.

Yet I know quite a few people who are NOT voting for her.  Myself included.

Simply stated, although I cannot state my admiration for her enough... I do not belief she is correct for this job.  I have cast my personal feeling for her aside and have dug deeper in the real situation and find it quite scary.  I get that creepy old man feeling when McCain and Palin are together and he can't stop staring at her boobs.

She has unfinished business in Alaska.  She has dug Alaska out of a depressing hole, and we are just now getting fresh air.  BUT, Many of you may not know that while she accepted the VP ticket, her second in command Sean Parnell is vying for Congress.   Selfishly ( I admit ) we felt like we have been hung out to dry, while our leaders have gone off to pursue bigger and better publicity.   Who will be left in charge of all the changes she is trying to make in Alaska?  No one will answer that question for us....   

Personally, I want to see more experience on her plate before she bites off this steak with her lipsticke'd bulldog lips.   Kissin' babies with her coifed beauty - and aggressive speech does not sway me.  (and it WAS an awesome speech).   

I feel the McCain advisors have used her as a prop, a tool, a gimmick to bring shock and awe to the party.  And it is hard to look past that when she is such a stunner, with such a quaint story.   I am not even going to delve into her family life - that is a story that will tell itself in it's own time.  LOL.

Almost ALL women in Alaska are very similar to her.  You have to be to live and survive in this rugged land...  Eat moose, yep.  hockey, yep.  Still look good?, yep.  2nd in command of the white house...  still not so sure about that one. 

PolarKiss...I am glad you said it and not me:

I feel the McCain advisors have used her as a prop, a tool, a gimmick to bring shock and awe to the party.

I agree with everything you said.

And I don't blame McCain for staring at her boobs. But he could be less obvious.

Yet I know quite a few people who are NOT voting for her.  Myself included.

Simply stated, although I cannot state my admiration for her enough... I do not belief she is correct for this job.  I have cast my personal feeling for her aside and have dug deeper in the real situation and find it quite scary.  I get that creepy old man feeling when McCain and Palin are together and he can't stop staring at her boobs.

She has unfinished business in Alaska.  She has dug Alaska out of a depressing hole, and we are just now getting fresh air.  BUT, Many of you may not know that while she accepted the VP ticket, her second in command Sean Parnell is vying for Congress.   Selfishly ( I admit ) we felt like we have been hung out to dry, while our leaders have gone off to pursue bigger and better publicity.   Who will be left in charge of all the changes she is trying to make in Alaska?  No one will answer that question for us....   

Personally, I want to see more experience on her plate before she bites off this steak with her lipsticke'd bulldog lips.   Kissin' babies with her coifed beauty - and aggressive speech does not sway me.  (and it WAS an awesome speech). 

But do you have little faith in her lack of experience to cast your vote in the other direct and gamble with Obama political experience (or lack of)?

I agree that if Americans won't take the time to educate themselves about the candidates, issues, and proposed changes, then we're just along for the ride and we need to ride out the 4-year storm that was just created ... and hope it doesn't turn into an 8-year storm.

Forgive me if I have a little faith ... America chose to have Gore in 2000, that went awry. Then America chose to prolong Bush's administration (sigh).

Cuttter - At least consider voting for the "lesser of two evils". I feel that it's important that we all exercise out right to vote. I keep my fingers crossed that people want to take the time to educate themselves, and not just simply look at as a means to take 2-hours off of work to cast their vote.

Regis - The popular vote counts ... but not when it comes to electing the leader of our nation. Did  you miss the part when Gore won the popular vote, but lost the college electoral? As I stated in an early post, I've never felt so shafted as an individual exercising my right to vote. Regardless of who I voted for - the system proved that it was broken. It really needs to be fixed, but this administration was going to bother fixing the defective system that got them elected.

I've spoken to many friends and family members - because we all love a good political debate. A few of them are voting based on who is second in command. Their thinking is this, McCain is too old and they wonder if he's going to either drop dead from some kind of physical ailment, or possibly have or show signs of Alzheimer, and Obama will most likely be "picked off" by someone who does not want a black man in office. [Please don't flame me, I'm just reiterating what some of my friends and family thing.] That being said, it does make you pause and wonder, who would be better at the helm, Palin or Biden?

I'm not voting for either of them but If I was, I would consider one thing: At least Obama has sense enough to see that something is WRONG...changes need to be made....and admits it.

We have had 8 years of rubbish...and McCain backed that rubbish almost 100% of the time.

More of the same McCain is what I'm hearing around here. Personally, my pocket book can't stand much more.

PolarKiss,

I am happy that you did not disclose skeletons from her closet that an Alaskan might know. I am also personally pleased that you speak so highly of her.

It is a shame that the job may be left undone in Alaska. But, in all reality that is the American Way, we have started and left unfinished countless things around the world since 1953. And, we do it here at home as well, everyday.

I agree with you on the "why" of her choice. And, as much as more experience may be nice at least she has more than the opponents have. And, after 4 years as a Vice President she would make a fine President (as McCain has committed to only one term) if, IF, they do a good job and walk the walk that they talk.

Something that is not commonly mentioned in dialogs about McCain (and Palin by reputation, PK is the reputation warranted?) is that he is the first "independent" to ever get this far in a political race.

YES .. I said independent. Look at it this way. He has spent his career trying to cross party lines to get things accomplished. My republican friends hate him because he is too far left, my democrat friends hate him because he is a republican and is too far right. OK, he's labeled a republican, and he is a conservative. But, I think that republicrat would be more fitting.

Rest assured that with McCain in office it will be a new America, he will change politics, and reform government forever to come. He is committed to making this country great again.

And, as for W, watch, mark my words, history will be much kinder to him than we are today.

Keep in mind, we wanted major change. We decided to replace the entire congress, and we did, we let them know that if they didn't do their job we would get rid of them, and we did. So now what do we have? The current congress has a lower approval rating than W hisself! A congess that has been out of session more than any other congress before it, a congress that is sadly failing this nation.

Be careful choosing change, the record speaks for itself.

PK, I hope that your Governor becomes our next VP, and I hope that she stands behind someone to take over her place and finish what she started in your great state!

Way off subject, and much more than my 2 cents. But 'tis my honest opinion, if you agree or not it's only worth what you paid for it.

GOD Bless and Keep America Safe!

Hi , I neither agree or disagree . I did enjoy reading it & enjoyed being able to evaluate another persons " take " on things .  I agree change does not mean better all the time . I would like to know what Obama has done in order to evaluate him . Politicians trying to get elected reminds me of salespeople , they will tell you anything to accomplish their goal .

regards , Rodger

You are absolutely correct Rodger about politics and salesmen. I didn't even touch on McCain's attributes, figured I was long winded enough as it was. I originally thought that Obama was the hope, the way! But, after hearing one of his speeches where the timelines didn't add up I began to do some study. I changed my mind pretty quickly. There is a whole lot on the web that is scary, and a lot that's not.

The point in making any decision is to research the good and the bad, lay it out and weigh it. Most bad is false, most good is false. Finding the truth is hard.

I used to teach sales tactics in one of my many failed pursuits, and we taught the Ben Franklin method of "decision making". Draw a line down the middle of a sheet of paper, write all of the positive on one side, all of the negative on the other, cross off one for one. Whichever column has anything left in it is what you do.

Might be a good way to figure out how to vote for those undecided. I could easily argue against Obama, but I'd rather argue for something than against something at this point in my life. For is positive, against is negative and I've spent most of my life riding the negative surf ...

Glad you enjoyed the read.

NOBAMA ;D

Lets put it to a test !

List 10 things that Obama has done. I dont mean writing a book !

He is surrounded by some very bad people, our enemies want him in and raising taxes on Big Oil will just raise our gas prices through the roof !

We questioned one president about smiken pot let alone snorting coke. His church which im sorry but yes it does influence you. He is bad news and has road in on the AP express.

The republican vp is who she says that she is and is kickn him around for a change, He does not like it. Obama said that his family is off limits but yet he can attack hers.... Give me a break.!!

Ill tell you who to vote for!! and you listen good !!!!

VOTE ((((((((((( BOE )))))))))))))))  I will change everything !! Dont worrie obout our sick ill just shoot them. Money problems you have not seen money problems till I get my hand in your pocket. ;D:);D:) :)

It ain't how good you are at being President...it's how good you are at picking people. Abraham Lincoln picked his toughest critics and rivals to be in his cabinet. And that,folks, was the genius of the man.

It ain't how good you are at being President...it's how good you are at picking people. Abraham Lincoln picked his toughest critics and rivals to be in his cabinet. And that,folks, was the genius of the man.

So does that mean you are voteing for me?? Dont take what I have said in my last post as an Obama bash that was a shock value lead into my Joke to vote for me thats all !!

But Really Vote For  BOE !

I am voting for Moe Howard of the 3 stooges,who is currently dead. He would be a step up.

I am voting for Moe Howard of the 3 stooges,who is currently dead. He would be a step up.

Better than Shemp??  ;D

NOBAMA ;D

Lets put it to a test !

1 ) List 10 things that Obama has done. I dont mean writing a book !

2 ) He is surrounded by some very bad people, our enemies want him in and 2-a )  raising taxes on Big Oil will just raise our gas prices through the roof !

3 ) We questioned one president about smiken pot let alone snorting coke. His church which im sorry but yes it does influence you. 4 ) He is bad news and has road in on the AP express.

5 ) The republican vp is who she says that she is and is kickn him around for a change, He does not like it. Obama said that his family is off limits but yet he can attack hers.... Give me a break.!!

6 ) Ill tell you who to vote for!! and you listen good !!!!

VOTE ((((((((((( BOE )))))))))))))))   I will change everything !! Dont worrie obout our sick ill just shoot them. Money problems you have not seen money problems till I get my hand in your pocket. ;D:D :D ;D ;D

Hey , I really enjoyed reading your perspective ! Doesn't mean I agree or dis-agree . point 1 ; I also would like to know unbiasedly , what he has done to make people think he would change things positively .

point 2 ) I agree with you , but it's more of a conclusion/opinion that fact

ponit 3 ) I didn't hear anything cocaine & obama , have i missed something

point 4 ) sorta goes back to point 1 . Sofar , I think he is bad news & more hype & anti bush than any merits he may have .

point 5 ) I missed that & will try to find it .That's funny stuff

point 6 )  ;D . I want you to salute you on your degree in humor , I want to take lessons from you  ;)