Sign in to follow this  
Knobhill

Anyone here a U-Hall dealer?

I've recently been approached by a U-Haul AFM to open a new dealership at my shop. Is it worth it? Seams like a lot of work for the money.

Honestly , not trying to bash or start any friction . I don't think you have the people skill/ temperment to deal with stuff like that . The most easy-going , care-free person in the world gets grouchy etc when dealing with the public . U-Hall rentals & stuff like that , you have to let the customers be right , even when they are not .  Reading your posts & the responses you have given & especially the response you have given me , I don't think there would be much repeat business . I don't deal well with the public for very long either BTW ,

I have a very good friend that has enterprise and budget truck rentals  . They make decent money from  it but it consumes a lot of their time.

I think you gotta love people and be a real "people person" to do that kind of job, or own that kind of business.

I'm not. I don't care much for people, crowds are even worse, and when the customer is wrong, I usually spare no expense to inform them - the more defiant, the bigger my soap box.  :huh:

Sounds pretty time consuming, but could be the right job for the right personality.

Research it a little further and make your own desicion  :huh:

Honestly , not trying to bash or start any friction . I don't think you have the people skill/ temperment to deal with stuff like that . The most easy-going , care-free person in the world gets grouchy etc when dealing with the public . U-Hall rentals & stuff like that , you have to let the customers be right , even when they are not .  Reading your posts & the responses you have given & especially the response you have given me , I don't think there would be much repeat business . I don't deal well with the public for very long either BTW ,

:huh:

Actually I've  had a dealership for over 6 years now and have more rewards in this region than any other dealer.  Been dealing with the public for almost 30 years. What you've seen on this site is irrelevant if not redundant.

knobhill , I'm glad you said you were not offended by me in the other thread . I try to let people know how they are coming across IN CASE they don't know . That was the reason I said your 1rst comment to me in the SBE 4-sale thread seemed snotty  ( I had sent you a pm ). Now I don't see how anybody could take your last comment about being " irrelevant if not redundant " as anything but negative ;)  Hmmm .......

knobhill , I'm glad you said you were not offended by me in the other thread . I try to let people know how they are coming across IN CASE they don't know . That was the reason I said your 1rst comment to me in the SBE 4-sale thread seemed snotty  ( I had sent you a pm ). Now I don't see how anybody could take your last comment about being " irrelevant if not redundant " as anything but negative ;)  Hmmm .......

I agree.

We are an agreeable bunch !!! group hug again  ;)

knobhill , I'm glad you said you were not offended by me in the other thread . I try to let people know how they are coming across IN CASE they don't know . That was the reason I said your 1rst comment to me in the SBE 4-sale thread seemed snotty  ( I had sent you a pm ). Now I don't see how anybody could take your last comment about being " irrelevant if not redundant " as anything but negative :huh:  Hmmm .......

Well john your correct. What did you expect after being treated as I have been on this site? Ken will verify where I stand. If 'yal can keep on subject there would be less BS.

knobhill , I'm glad you said you were not offended by me in the other thread . I try to let people know how they are coming across IN CASE they don't know . That was the reason I said your 1rst comment to me in the SBE 4-sale thread seemed snotty  ( I had sent you a pm ). Now I don't see how anybody could take your last comment about being " irrelevant if not redundant " as anything but negative :D  Hmmm .......

Well john your correct. What did you expect after being treated as I have been on this site? Ken will verify where I stand. If 'yal can keep on subject there would be less BS.

HEY !!! since it was correct , I'm taking credit  :D ... might be the 1rst time I've ever been correct  ;) ( knob , Rodger made that post , not john.. BUT John is always correct anyway  :huh: )

"Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap"

Galatians VI

" You Don't tug on Superman's cape , You don't spit into the wind , you don't pull the mask off of ole Lone Ranger & you DON"T mess around with JOHN !!! "

Jim Croce , edited by Rodger Myers  :huh::D;)

I really liked Jim Croce.

me 2  :huh:

me 3  :D

U crack me up !!!  :huh: