new2this

cutting problems

Lately ive been having alot of cutting problems, mainly depth issues. I make a cut and it doesnt seem to cut deep enough so ill make a slight adjustment to the blade and then it will cut through the backing. one thing ive always been impressed with the pcut is that i started cutting right out of the box with very little adjustments. If i take the blade holder out and grab the blade i can move it in and out maybe a 32 of and inch is that normal? Thanks

I don't know about the pcut, but our Copam does NOT have that kind of movement with the blade.

Jenny

So you have checked the blade deph on the blade holder... (The blade should not be moveing in and out)... Have you checked your pen preasure on your plotter settings at all ? Id add some positive pressure to your setting and see how it cutts. Then you need to check your blade holder and see what your issue is with the blade moveing in and out for sure. Keep us up to date on your issue !

Ive tried pressures from 130 to 150. Will other blade holders fit into these machines? when i say the blade is moving in and out of the holder i mean in the blade holder itself not in the machine itself. I can take the cover off like your changing the blade and move it slightly. the cover doesn't hold the blade in if im correct, It seams to have a small bearing inside and that holds it in. Possibly a magnet. Im also getting really sloppy cuts, The blade likes to grab the corners of letters and the centers of a's r's, p's ect im very confused. Its just started this problem

Ive tried pressures from 130 to 150. Will other blade holders fit into these machines? when i say the blade is moving in and out of the holder i mean in the blade holder itself not in the machine itself. I can take the cover off like your changing the blade and move it slightly. the cover doesn't hold the blade in if im correct, It seams to have a small bearing inside and that holds it in. Possibly a magnet. Im also getting really sloppy cuts, The blade likes to grab the corners of letters and the centers of a's r's, p's ect im very confused. Its just started this problem

Id like for you to check the Cut Stip that is located under the blades line of travel. It is usualy about one half of an inch wide and white of color or sometimes light grey. If it is damaged (haveing deep cuts in the strip or loose in anyway) that would tell me that the blade has been cutting into the cut strip which can wear out your blade holder. NEXT : check your blade holder to see there is any large amounts of wear on any area of the holder. If there is then you need a new blade & blade holder. NEXT: check your cutting head and the area that the blade holder is secured, check for wear in the locking latch.

If you have just replaced the blade before this issue started make sure that you have replaced with the correct blade for your plotter.

I repair mimaki, gerber,graphtech and several other plotters. These are the first areas that my tech starts at.

Keep us informed on your progress !

Boe

Xpress Signs & Graphics

Thanks Boe, I use a cutterpros cr630, which i have been told that is the same cutter as the pcut 630 from us cutter... both made by creation. Where the blade cuts is a measuring strip in mm the length of the cutter but no cut strip.I can tell you that the measuring strip is not damaged in any way.  Can someone post a pic of the cutting strip. The batteries are dead in my camera so ill post a crappy cell phone pic.

__sysMes.jpg

Wow is that how the holder is designed. When you open the caradge is there a grove for the lip of the blade holder to slide into. I see the lip out of the carage and is resting on the top of the carage. I will have my tech check out your pic and let you pic his brain tomorrow when I arive at the shop!! No charge you will just owe me one LOL  :)

Guest sciondrgn

Tim, the blade goes into the back position of the carriage not the front, If you look in your picture your cutting strip is directly behind the measuring strip

Holy crap i feel like an idiot, I tried putting it there and it wouldnt go, but i just tried a little harder and it went. Do you think i messed up the blade holder (the piece with the blade adjustment) ?

Guest sciondrgn

Holy crap i feel like an idiot, I tried putting it there and it wouldnt go, but i just tried a little harder and it went. Do you think i messed up the blade holder (the piece with the blade adjustment) ?

I did the same thing when I got mine and I replaced the blade because I nicked it up pretty good but my holder seemed to be in tact after running mine like that for a week or so of use. 

I would try it in the back position and see how it does there. I know on mine the blade does not wiggle or move in and out once it is seated in the holder, It will spin but not move other than that

There is a magnet that holds the blade in place.. once you move it to the back try using the attached as a guide

LOL, I love the part that says" install in rear hole of the carrier" Ive had the machine for about a month. Ive probably cut 200 decals with it. I would imagine thats why the blade is moving in the carrier. Operator error

I'm told the front hole is for the plotting pen.. and on the refine the front is for cutting threw but it has a felt strip there :o

At least you got a "like new" cutting strip  :huh: