Sign in to follow this  
flagme

Laserpoint24 cutter- only cuts first letter then does mult straight lines - help

:'(

Hi- I already posted this and got 1 reply...to hang in there...but now cannot find the post..so reposting.

I am new to plotter cutters, and after waiting about 5 yds of vinyl- have got the basics down...so now its just practice....

BUT..I am having 2 problems I cannot get past.

I type 3 letters to be cut...U S A. it cuts the U then stopps.

I adjusted the work space and now get the U then the blade goes to the side of the tile and cuts straight down the middle of the vinyl to the end of the workspace defined and then straight up to the top of the vinyl then down to the bottom and up to the top...all in a straight line. Then stops.

HELP!!!!! What is going on? I expect its setup somewhere...but am baffled at this point.

anyon out there have any ideas...please...

Can you make screen shots (alt + Printscreen then paste in a paint document) of your cutter setup and post them.

helpful info: PC or Mac? Cutting software? USB or Serial?

Couple of things...

Is the cutting carriage hitting one of the red kill buttons located on the on the inside of the cutting area? If so, you need to adjust where your cutter starts is x,y axis.

If connected by USB, are you connected directly to the computer or going thru a hub? The cutter function best when plugged directly into the computer - no hub, no piggy backing/daisy chaining through another device - direct. If it's still giving you issues, try connecting using the serial port. If you don't have a serial port on your computer, you can purchase a 'USB to Serial' adapter - they are called keyspans. If you need one right now - your local computer store should have them, if they don't you can find one dirt cheap on eBay.

Are you using the right driver? Assuming that you are using Sign Blazer Elements (SBE), go to the cut screen and select "setup" from the icon bar. Which cutter do you have listed to use? If it is LaserPoint, try changing it to PCut 630 (this was the driver used prior to the LP drive which was not available when the model first came out).

Other forum members have stated they had "static" problems and resolved that by simply touching the vinyl as it's being cut. Another had issues when the humidity level was high - he simply installed an a/c in the room he had the cutter and that issue was resolved.

**Side note: Many here have experienced "line of death" or "slashing," myself included. Some of the fixes for it are as suggested above. Give all of the a try. Let us know if it worked or didn't work.

Try to be patient with us (forum members). We really want to help everyone we can, but sometimes real life gets in the way of this forum addiction. Not to mention that as big as this forum is, there are still many, many newbies who have not experienced issues and fixes to post their response. It also probably would've helped a bit if you posted your question in the LP bulletin rather than the Refine bulletin.

Good luck.   :)

Hello...

more info.

Serial connect. not usb..so no driver problem

software is signblazer- trial..full version on the way

it does not hit the kill switch...it goes to the middle of the vinyl on the outside of the letter which is about half way of the vinyl they just goes in a straight line up and down the middle. it does not stop until 2 passes.

would be happy to take pics of settings it you tell me what ones you want

I am baffled..but as I say..its most likley me being a new-bee...

Thanks for ANY help. :)

Hi , Like Haumana says ( besides " I agree "  :) ) Be patient . The hero tech guy Ken will be back at work soon . I don't know alot , but I would redo the work , especially since it is only 3 letters & try that . That has worked for me in the past . If that doesn't , read thru any section that seems like it could apply . ALOT of good advice & info in this forum .

hang loose ,  :)

When you go to the "Cutter" menu, select "Setup" from the icons at the top. Take a screen shot of that and post it. Check that your vinyl size is set large enough for the image you are cutting.

Hi..

Ken how do I send only you a pm?

just fyi...it does not seem to matter what job I send to cutter. it does the same thing. I just picked the usa letters as it was easier to describe what its doing.

I just received the full signblazer pro software- so I am hoping  it will resolve itself.

Thanks Again

Flagme ;D

Hi ,

under Ken's info/picture on the left side of the screen , there is 3 tabs . The tab on the right is for PM's .

hang in there , Rodger  ;D