ncbmims

looking for a vinyl cutting machine

Hi all,

This is all greek to me so I need help. I am looking for a machine to do the basic vinyl cut outs for vehicle windows as well as an idea I have been seeing for car tags. For example....zebra print tag.....background would be white with one color(black) printed over it. Then place initals or whatever over the top in a different color. Keep in mind I have no clue what it takes to do this, I just know what I want the outcome to be. LOL...or say a giraffe print type design. I would be able to easily clip and past a design from a section of a pic, in case I could not find and actual design for this somewhere out there. I hope this makes since.....I would love it if the machine were portable yet sturdy enough to take to shows with me. Sorry this is so lengthy jus not sure what I need for what I want to do. Probobly would be more of a software issue than anything? And computer software is definately not something I am good at figureing out.

Thanks for your help,

Shelly

for what you are  wanting to do,the Refine Mh721 would be good,or the pCut.

Software...if you have to pay extra for the Flexi-Starter,do it. It's not much. Flexi is what I started out with and I was like you..I didn't know CRAP and there were no forums,nobody to help me..but I figured Flexi out pretty fast.

THank you bannerjohn, will this also do the black print on top of the white to keep from having to double layer vinyl?

Shelly

Welcome Shelly.  Yes you will need to cut black vinyl and than white vinyl and layer it.  ALot of good tutorials here for layering.  Unless you are putting the black vinyl on a white substrate.  I hope I'm understanding what you are asking.

Jenny

Adding,,, if you want to print on vinyl, it is very expensive to buy the equipment necessary. It is possible with practice  to airbrush the vinyl for highlighting and such.  If your looking to cut and layer, my Pcut has worked flawlessly since I purchased it. Highly recommended. My 2cts.

Hummmmmm, we have an airbrush machine, but that is all I know about it....LOL....I can layer for now. I am looking at the pcut creation 24-25" on ebay. Not sure if I want to get it from the site or from ebay. I Think the only difference is the warranty period.  Thanks for all the replys. I don't think I have been so scared yet so excited to purchase anything in my life....How crazy does that sound?

Thanks,

Shelly

I am a newby in vinyl cutting, looking at the 24" laser model, but after looking thru most of the questions and answers in this forum, I have found nothing on some of the basic questions about the functions avail with this model!

Primarily.......

1. Does this model work with XP sp3

2. Will it cut from a JPG drawing

3. Is it compatable with Delta Cad drawings

4. If vector based drawings are required, is there a simple program to convert from bitmap to 

vector

I have other questions that I will probably think of after I post this one, but for now......thanks for the help, and everyone have a nice day...Bert

Guest crshirts

1. Yes

2. No has to be vector

3. Not sure on this one I know it works with AutoCad

4. inkscape will convert and is free

Carl

Thanks crshirts....program is priced right, and looks easy!

DeltaCad is a drawing program like AutoCad, but less than $100 but not vector based! I had Autocad years ago (until the 10meg Mos Dos computer died) At the time of the computers demise, could not afford a replacement, and by the time I could afford it, the softrware and the hardware in the computers was non existant...expensive loss!!

If anyone is interested, I have several old aircraft (scale) drawings that I will be happy to share....Have a nice day........Bert