go10go4

To Clean Vinyl Residue

I'm trying to find a solution that will remove the glue after vinyl has been stripped from a banner or other substrate. So far I seem to be striking out. I have tried alcohol, paint thinner, and orange solvent (concentrated and diluted). The area is still very sticky after I have applied these. Any suggestions?

Can't beat Rapid remove , I use it all the time , But i find you have to clean the area with rapid tack or cleaner after because vinyl don't stick to the area after you clean it with rapid remove but it works great.

Can't beat Rapid remove , I use it all the time , But i find you have to clean the area with rapid tack or cleaner after because vinyl don't stick to the area after you clean it with rapid remove but it works great.

i agree rapid remover is the best. and it is true you do have to clean it but this stuff is amazing

Goo Gone works well, just let it sit for a few minutes to soften the glue and scrape off with a squeeggee or "thumbnail". Clean the surface several times with alchohol though to make sure all the residue is removed or the new vinyl will not stick.