Sign in to follow this  
nbeaton

Vinyl not sticking to transfer paper

How do I get the vinyl to stick   

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do I get the vinyl to stick

• tansfer paper
    • vinyl

Can anyone tell me why my vinyl don't stick to the transfer paper. I thought it was the transfer paper so thats what I told the people I got it from. Now they are telling me its the vinyl. The transfer paper is not very sticky so the vinyl don't stick to it.

Thanks

Nancy

Is it low tack app tape?

Whay brand vinyl and what brand app tape are you using? Where was it purchased from?

Here is the vinyl BGS2410-7501

Here is the tape RTT4075-1200 High tack (General Purpose)

Got both from UScutters.

OK everyone, I got a new roll of vinyl and the transfer paper still wont take the graphics off the new vinyl. Now US wants me to cut and weed something put the transfer paper on it and send it to them so they can see what its doing. UMMM It don't even stick on the corners of the vinyl no sooner than its put on it starts to roll up on the corners. So I would say its the transfer paper and not the vinyl.

So before I send it all back cutter and all where is the best place to get 3M transfer paper.

Guest rvgraphixs

wow I just order some of that hope it works.

Well i see im not the only person haveing that problem, Im useing Orcal 651 gloss and have tried both Main Tape Perfect Tear plus in medium tack and High tack and the same problem with both.  They wont stick to the vinyl very good at all.  The only one i have found that sticks to the vinyl good is the clear tape,  but it bubbles and looks like crap.. Anybody have any suggestions for me ?

fire, takeing some pics of what?

taking pics of what you cut, and how the app tape starts to curl.  :o

If you do need to send it to them, then over cut the application tape and fold over the edges. The app tape should stick to the back of the vinyl backing.  :huh:

I bought my cutter just a few short months ago.  I was having the same problem.  I blamed it on the EBAY tape I bought so I bought some "better" tape somewhere else.  Guess what?  It didnt want to stick either....

Then one day I happened to notice that during the weeding process, I had my hands all over everything...the vinyl..the area that had been removed...everywhere.  I made a major effort on the next cut to touch as little of the vinyl and the removed area as possible and from that point on, I had no trouble with the tape not sticking.

The tape does not curl it just wont stick to the vinyl good at all when you go to peel it of to stick it on something.  Stoke good point it might just be the oil on the hands, I will have to try that..

we have quite a lot of humidity where I am from, and used to have issues once in a while with pre-mask not sticking. brought in a dehumidifier, and switched to High-tack R-tape, and there doesn't seem to be any issues.

As the application tape ages it looses its tack especially if its stored improperly. I use Transfer Rite app tape and as long as I squeegee it down well, it lifts the vinyl with very few problems.

always also depends how you peel your decal as well. be sure to face it down and peel the backing paper off instead of the app tape off.

Thank you all for replying. But I still have an issue with this ApliTape #4075. I have tried so many different ways to peel it off and the vinyl still wont stick to the ApliTape. I even cut a new piece and did not touch it at all weeded it, put the tape on and turned it over to peel the backing off the vinyl and it still did not work.

Where is the best place to get transfer tape. I ordered a catalog from Sign Warehouse about 2 weeks ago emailed me back said it was on its way and I have not got it yet.

Where is the best place to get transfer tape. I ordered a catalog from Sign Warehouse about 2 weeks ago emailed me back said it was on its way and I have not got it yet.

Find out where the local sign companies purchase their supplies. I live in a large suburban area and we have 3 major supply warehouses and several smaller ones. Most of my purchases are from the major suppliers. Their stock turns over quickly and they sell only brands and materials their clientele repeatedly purchase.

You can try looking up "Sign Equipment & Supplies" in the yellow pages of the phone book. One of my suppliers is listed there. The other 2 are listed under signs. None of them actually has the term "Supplies" in their name, so you may have to do some calling around. These companies may not sell to the general public. One of my major suppliers will, but at higher retail prices.

An online source I sometimes use is Beacon Graphics, www.beacongraphics.com, but you'll having shipping charges. They carry Transfer Rite and R-Tape, both good brands of pre-mask. They also carry tons of other supplies. You'll need a company name, address, billing info etc. to set up an account. I'm not sure if you need a EIN number.

I have the same problem with the app tape I purchase from US cutter.  It was my first purchase and I thought it was just me however, I have purchase some different kinds and was given some samples and I don't have any problem with them.  The kind I got is clear, almost like a large roll of shipping tape.  I hate it, it is very difficult to get the decals to stick to it for application.  I don't even know for sure what kind it is, like I said it was first purchase and I didn't pay attention to the type but I know I hate it.

Clear app tape rarely adheres to vinyl well since it is so low tack. The only thing I use it for is if I have to layer vinyl at a clients site. Even then it can be a pain since you can't do a wet application with it.

Guest sciondrgn

I use the Endura Mask from Sign warehouse and I have had no trouble with the mask sticking to the vinyl. I even had my first roll of App tape from eBay and used the whole roll with no issue and i live in Southern Georgia and the humidity is crazy around here.

i have had this problem before. when it was happening to me it turns out that the problem was that i was cutiing the vinyl with to much pressure, and that was forcing the edge of the vinyl down into the backing paper. so when i went to remove the mask it would eather not pull up the vinyl or it would pull the vinyl but it would also rip up the backing paper. check to see if thats what the problem is. if not, i have no idea. mabe its just a bad roll of mask.

good luck,

chris