gm2k8

new baby Luke :)

well.. long story short.. my wife and I went to hospital at 6pm on Monday.. she was in labor for 20 hours with no medication so Tuesday afternoon  her doctor did a sonogram and it seemed the umbilical cord and placenta were blocking his route thru the cervix.. the doctor suggested a c-section... soooooo.. after a few minutes alone.. my wife and i decided that although she wanted to try to go all natural... this was the best thing to do.. they took her away and prepped her then gave me an outfit that all i could think of was the band Devo.. crack that whip.. lol.. anyways.. they finally came and got me and i sat and held my wifes hand and 5 minutes later i heard my son cry his first cry.. they then took me to cut the cord.. and then i helped wrap him up and carried him to lay next to my wife.. they had her strapped down so my son was trying all he could to look over at my wife.. he could hear her voice... im telling you i usually dont show any emotion but i couldnt hold it back.. so then they took him from me and took him to the nursery.. and i went and watched thru the window as the pediatrician looked him over.. he was 9lbs 1ounces.. 20 1/2" long.. they said he had the biggest feet and hands they have ever seen.. just like papa  :P  you know what they say ladies  :D  hehe.. anyways.. after the checkup.. measuring.. weighing.. shots.. poked in the foot.. blood drawn.. they brought him to the our room. the doctor came in and congratulated me and he told me that the cord was in such a way that it could of wrapped around his head/neck if my wife did do vaginal delivery and that the baby could of gotten hurt or worse so things happen for a reason so someone was looking out for us and Luke is fine and well.. anyways about then 5 minutes later they brought my wife back to the room.. although she was a lil droggy.. the baby latched right on for feeding..  we stayed an extra day because of the c-section.. but all is well.. we are tired.. the first night.. Luke didnt evey cry.. he fussed a lil but he was great.. last night.. oh my.. didnt get much sleep.. on the ride home.. he was fine... and now we are home.. he's been very good..  so all is well..

thanks everyone for your kind words.. i just re-read my threads.. here are some pics

post-2763-12986523866485_thumb.jpg

post-2763-12986523866763_thumb.jpg

post-2763-1298652386709_thumb.jpg

post-2763-1298652386769_thumb.jpg

post-2763-12986523878336_thumb.jpg

post-2763-12986523878484_thumb.jpg

post-2763-12986523878635_thumb.jpg

post-2763-12986523878789_thumb.jpg

Congrats!!!!  He's so adorable ... must take after his mother, huh? j/k. He is really cute. They always look so fragile that young.

Glad that the doc caught the problem before any serious damage could've happened.

So are you going to steer him to be a pianist or a basketball player? He's going to be super stretch!

Congrats to you and your wife!!! I was hoping all would go well.  He is definitely a healthy little guy!  Definitely is an experience isn't it?  Ahhh Little Luke fooled ya the first night...lol.  Can't wait to see him in his stylin' shirts real soon.  Thanks for sharing your experience..that's just to cool!!

Jenny

Baby Luke is soooo cute!!! Congrats to you and your wife!!!

Im gld everything is great!

Joe

thanks everyone.. yah.. i used to play baseball and basketball.. im 6'4" so if he wants to play sports.. i will be right there with him every step of the way.. yes it is a life changin experience.. but its one that we worked for a long time.. he's a lil miracle.. :P  i am already thinking of purchasing a heat press to use some of these samples i got to make some new things for him.. he hasnt worn his luke floorcrawler onesie yet because he got snipped  :D soooooooo.. he's a lil sensitive right now.. but i will be sure to get a pic with him wearing it.. my wife also got one that is red and it says Born in 2008 :P 

thanks again.. trying to email pics to family and friends.. thought i would jump on here and post.. you guys are like an extended family already.. i will try to get on again later this week.. before i go back to work..

Dave

Guest TracMatt

Awww! He is adorable.  Congrats.  It is a life changing experience and every year of his life will continue to be so LOL.

Enjoy every minute of him they don't stay little long.

Thanks for the pics!

Tracee

Guest fivestar

CONGRATS.......Glad to hear everything is fine.

Awwwwww!!! Baby Luke is sooooooooooooooo adorably precious.  I think he's going to give me baby fever!

Congrats - hopefully he is a good sleeper . . .my first was up every 2 hrs all night - had to take turns getting up for 8 months.  Second was a dream

Congrats! Wish that was my story. I'm due any day now...waiting on boy # 2. Hope I'm as lucky as you to have a baby that cute.

Get your wife all the chocolate milk she wants. (Thats all I wanted when I was recovering...)  ;)

thanks everyone.. Luke was awesome last night.. he slept from 1am to 4:30am.. which i think is just plain awesome.. being a really good boy.. more pics coming.. cant put the camera down :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your son! He is so handsome and adorable, and just plain precious.

Makes me want another one! My son is almost 2 and I miss that cuddly baby stage.  :'(

Take good care of your wife, and make sure she really rests. After my first c-section, I got horrible infections and had to go back because I didn't rest enough. So make sure you wait on her hand and foot!  :thumbsup: 

Have fun loving your baby!

Amber

O'my you and your wife are very lucky, he's a great looking kid, I love being a grandma, and I'm sure the grandparents are very proud alos.

and I know

"THE FORCE IS WITH HIM"

O'my you and your wife are very lucky, he's a great looking kid, I love being a grandma, and I'm sure the grandparents are very proud alos.

and I know

"THE FORCE IS WITH HIM"

thank you.. yes we are very lucky.. my wife and i went thru a lot to actually get pregnant so he is a lil bundle of joy for us and our family.. in fact.. his grandpa is flying from across the country just to come and visit for a week to see him.. in fact he will be here tomorrow evening..

and yes.. the force is within him i can FEEL it.. its either that or poop..  ;)

Congrats!!!! Wait till he gets two like my daughter, into EVERYTHING!!!! Then when they get sixteen like our oldest daughter, driving and boys LOL...She thinks I'm a human atm machine.... ;)

Either way it's a force to recon with...

I'm driving down to San Diego next week to spend time with the love of my life and my daughter too.