Sign in to follow this  

which cutter, which vinyl?

Hello. I'm looking for a vinyl cutter and appropriate vinyl product to make letters and numbers approaching 12" max in height and probably 4-6" in width. I would apply the vinyl to corrugated plastic to make riders for my commercial real estate signs. At this point in time, I have spent enough money having signs, riders and vinyl lettering made that I could have purchased a couple cutters. I've examined some Roland and Graphtec products but am just not sure how they work.

If your budget allows, get a Graphtec from US Cutter. If you don't want to spend as much, than Copam, Refine, LaserPoint, and PCut.

Since you won't be cutting anything excessively large 12" or 24" machine would work for you.

The only thing that you really need to know is that the cutters will only use vector images. Not a super huge issue, but it is something that you'll pick-up in no time. If you will primarily work on text, then no worries there. Just use the text feature in the software and you're good to go.

Good luck with your decision.  :D

I bought a 24" Copam recently and so far it is great.  Certainly a solid machine.  As far as vinyl goes, there are so many choices and most any brand will be acceptable for your riders on the coroplast.  The most recommended brand of vinyl seems to be Oracal.

----------------

Now playing: Cavalera Conspiracy - Terrorize

via FoxyTunes

I second for Oracal. Quality vinyl and looks great. For your use I'd suggest a Refine or Pcut machine. Either will will perform perfectly.