Sign in to follow this  
Benr98

Anyone send out flyers with a sample?

I was thinking of sending out as well as handing out some flyers of what we have to offer.  I was thinking of making a small decal  to go with each one...any feedback on that?

Or suggestions on a good design or should I do something real basic like the flag?

Thanks so much.

Jenny

I had the same idea to send to car dealers with an oval with "your logo here" lettering inside, or something similar. I havn't gotten around to it yet, and I've actually skipped my brochures and made pieces of paper with info.... Not enough time in the day!

I think it's a great idea though, people can see exactly what you do, as well as the quality of your work, and have a real world example, plus they're relatively cheap to produce!

I was thinking of sending out as well as handing out some flyers of what we have to offer.  I was thinking of making a small decal  to go with each one...any feedback on that?

Or suggestions on a good design or should I do something real basic like the flag?

Thanks so much.

Jenny

I was thinking the same thing Jenny. I am working on a business card design (plastic business cards) that I can either incorporate my logo in vinyl right on the cards, or find a small bag or package to put a sample into with the business card.

Hey Scott, I'm still working on what to include.  I need to get some flyers made before this weekend.

I wanted something universal, that everyone would atleast use...but that's not always easy.

You know you could always check Uline for a price on small bags?!

Jenny

Hey Scott, I'm still working on what to include.  I need to get some flyers made before this weekend.

I wanted something universal, that everyone would atleast use...but that's not always easy.

You know you could always check Uline for a price on small bags?!

Jenny

I will have to look at the Uline catalog at work tomorrow...thanks. I was thinking i need some fliers, too. I have to get on the ball here and get this business moving! It is hard to find universal stuff...I think i'm gonna try making a "branded" item, not sure if it will fly, but will try.

scott

Every year we have a town parade, and you can sign up and make your own float for your business. Your also allowed to hand out flyers and goodies. I was thinking I may have hubs turn his trailer into a float for my daughters kindergarten class, and then hand out goodie bags with business cards for both our business', candy, and a sample decal with mine. Maybe a decal of something representing our town.

Amber

No problem Scott, they have really good prices on quite a few things.

Amber, that is a GREAT idea!! Thanks for some inspiration!

Jenny

Your Welcome.

I'm just trying to think of different ways to get my work out there. There's also the next town over that does their town parade and stuff too. So I'll get to do it over there too!

I haven't got a business license yet, so I'll have to wait to do that. But once I do, I'm gonna try to get out there as much as possible.

Amber

Hey Amber, keep in mind some of these small towns that do parades, like to have a banner to walk down the road with for the parade....making up one or two for free to get some recognition helps too! They usually have no problem, allowing your business name and or business website on their product when you give it to them for free.

All my freebies include our web address, I feel it's the least we can get from it when it's free to the customer.

Jenny

Good Idea Jenny! I hadn't even thought of that.

The best thing about these parades, is that all the business are there, all the schools and organizations, just about everyone! If I can do this in both towns, I may get a little business.  :(

Amber

Hey no problem Amber!  Exactly...a perfect way for both towns to know who you are and what you can do for them!!  Some of these companies that are at the parade,  may have wished they bought a banner from you,  BEFORE the parade...lol.

Good luck with that...

Jenny

Hi All ,

I think the flag decal is a good idea , BUT I think people are impressed being able to get custom stuff not normally mass produced . Something like " Jenny 867-5309 "  ;D or " your custom decal " might have people thinking more of what they would like made . I plan on making custom walk up bumper stickers when i start going to races , auctions etc . I take peoples name & use reflective vinyl & give away everybody loves them & gets ALOT of attention . Since you can't know peoples name , how about a picture of many decals you have made ;D

regards , Rodger

ROFLMAO Rodger!! My husband actually used the (867-5309 one on me many moons ago..lol)  Still remember that song, got razed all the time in HS about it too.

I agree something custom would be nice, but time consuming depending on how many you plan on passing out.

I was going to originally use those calendars you can get that your business card sticks to the top and magnet on back (I can get those cheap)...that way the customer has your card hanging up for 12 months (well hopefully)

I just like having some different options to grab customers attention.

Thanks for making me laugh this morning Rodger!  ;D

Jenny

These calendars are what I was thinking about.  They have ones for realtors, sports schedules (such as football, racing, etc) and basic 13 month calendars.

buscardcal.jpg

I looked into getting some of those calendars for my hubs business. But he put an ad in all the phone books instead.

Maybe I'll use that for me!

Amber

Amber, if you have to pay more than 45.00 for 100...let me know!

Oh that includes shipping btw

Thanks

Jenny

ROFLMAO Rodger!! My husband actually used the (867-5309 one on me many moons ago..lol)  Still remember that song, got razed all the time in HS about it too.

I agree something custom would be nice, but time consuming depending on how many you plan on passing out.

I was going to originally use those calendars you can get that your business card sticks to the top and magnet on back (I can get those cheap)...that way the customer has your card hanging up for 12 months (well hopefully)

I just like having some different options to grab customers attention.

Thanks for making me laugh this morning Rodger!  ;D

Jenny

Hi Jenny , Your welcome for the laugh  ;D I had 1 also . I have listened to Tommy Tutones MANY times . It is 1 of the biggest brain worm songs ever !!! I have a sister named Jennifer hence Jenny ( When she found out at age 12 that a female donkey is called a Jenny , she refused to be called that for several years LOL ) Try Stouse.com for prices . Cheapest I've seen for anything ( they make EVERYTHING ) advertisement  wise . It sounded like you were gonna make something to give out ( time consuming & probably more expensive ) .

Rodger

I have come up with another idea about the flyers!

In the beginning I was going to supply a small graphic to go with each flyer, instead I have made up flyers with a coupon at the bottom good for one 4" decal in black or white (both which I have plenty of)  I figure people LOVE getting free stuff.  It's a way to get new customers to get in contact with you and even visit your website, if you have one.

If sending out alot of flyers, I recommend adding a watermark, so copies can't be made..unless you keep track another way or make sure to collect coupon for each decal you make.

I'm delivering mine at the end of the week...I'll let you all know how it goes!

Jenny

Regarding Business cards in the Halloween bag. (further up this thread)  I was thinking of doing magnet business cards and including a vinyl sticker of the local school logo.  It's football season and everyone has this stuff on their car to support their team.  Don't forget to give out good candy too!

Hello,

These are the business cards that I have been working on. I haven't sent them out to be printed, but have made some by hand. The black is printed, the red flame i am going to apply with vinyl. That way I can customize the cards for different occasions, events, etc. I am going to do a few different graphics in vinyl at first and see what I like or don't. I may have the cards printed on frosted plastic or reverse the colors out and have black cards with white text. It gets a "sample" of the vinyl, but it is attached. I am still working on more promotional items that will include a small bag or something... ( the business description is on the back of the cards )

post-2419-12986525114375_thumb.jpg

post-2419-12986525126439_thumb.jpg