Sign in to follow this  
PBear

How to Weld

Hey Tracee, I was going to ask the same thing!  ;D

When do classes start?

Jenny

Guest TracMatt

;D Right!

I was going to say if it was classes with Wild, it ain't gonna happen here!

Tracee

Guest TracMatt

Hi Cyber,

Um everything?  Like any tutorial you want to post we would watch do and listen to!

I do have one particular thing I would like to know how to do..say you have a panda bear and it is in black outline, and you want it to be white on the inside parts of the black.  How do you make or fill the blank areas with white to make it cut white and then black?

Also, what format do you save in so that you can bring it into signblazer?  Or do you have to take everything back into inkscape first?

OMgosh, so many questions and and sponge for a brain...

Tracee

Cyber

I believe a majority of people who use any kind of graphics program learn just what they need to know for what they are doing, I used CD for desiging signs and drawing the shop plans, so for 25 years Ive only knowen the basics and learn as I need too.

Well thats where many people here are. they want to know thingns like how to weld so when they have a graphic and only need say a silhouette. Fitting text to path..

So as I see things they or even I ask about I'll try to find the easiest How To, one that goes right to the point.

I'm not a teacher, so the best I can do is post articles.

Kris

See lots of things, I can't answer about signblazer or inkscape as I don't use either one of them, CorrelDraw does everything.

I always export as an AI file as I can use those in almost all graphic programs and signX imports AI files for cutting.

Guest TracMatt

AI files don't work well with signblazer at all, that is why I was asking about inkscape also. ;D

My signblazer freezes and shuts down if I try to open and AI file. ;D

Tracee

Hi Cyber,

Um everything?  Like any tutorial you want to post we would watch do and listen to!

I do have one particular thing I would like to know how to do..say you have a panda bear and it is in black outline, and you want it to be white on the inside parts of the black.  How do you make or fill the blank areas with white to make it cut white and then black?

Also, what format do you save in so that you can bring it into signblazer?  Or do you have to take everything back into inkscape first?

OMgosh, so many questions and and sponge for a brain...

Tracee

Hey Tracee - Do you have a picture you would like to post that I can demo the steps with?  Otherwise, I can just use a random picture.  Regarding the format for SBE, from Corel do an Export of your file as an EPS file with a Postscript level of 1 (there will be a drop-down selection during the export to save it as that Postscript level).  That will import just fine into SBE.

How old is your signblazer?

I almost alway have to import files form here into CorelDraw and then export them as AI, you can do the reverse if you have to, import them as ai then export them as ESP, PGN the list is long of different files to export as.  It takes a little extra time but worth the effort..

Guest TracMatt

See I learned something from you already.  I had no idea that you had to import it, I thought you had to save it and there was never and EPS format to save it in whoo hooo!

I will find the picture give me a minute, I have one I was talking about earlier.

Tracee

Sound great cyber....

I can't wait to learn new things also.... ;D

Two things, can you start the how to with the picture on a new thread so others will know about it

and it's 10:30 here have to go clean the horse corrals be back in a bit

Guest TracMatt

Hi PBear it is the newer one that came with my laserpoint.  I can't update because the company is not helping out with that.

Okay Cyber here is the eps I want white under the black so I can make it a two color design for a shirt for my daughter.

Tracee

Panda bears.eps

Panda bears.eps

Guest TracMatt

Yeah we hijacked Pbears thread, we might want to start a new one.

I have to go for an hour or so.  I'll be back to learn then.

Tracee

I'd like to "come to class" too! It's hard to know what to ask until it's staring me in the face. Unfortunately by then I'm frustrated and hitting buttons until I find the right one. Maybe is there a certain sequence you have to clean up/create designs for cutting? I'll def be watching this thread and thanks to PBear for the weld doc too.

Thanks a bunch

Tory

id like to learn how to "punch through" I did it once and now for the life of me i cant remember how i did it. 

Here you go Tracee.  This should now cut properly.  The black of the panda bears will be cut as solid black pieces.  Once you press the black pieces, you can press the white parts on top of that.

I will follow-up with instructions of what I did at the earliest chance I get. I figured I would get this posted, though, right away.  ;D

Panda Bears - fixed.eps

Panda Bears - fixed.eps

Hay Trac

the reason I thought we would start a new thread was so others who wanted to see what we do will look take a look and not think we are still on the original thread....

;D

Guest TracMatt

Oh Pbear LOL!  ;D  Might be a good idea.

Thanks Cyber.  I'm looking forward to those directions now!

Tracee

As promised, here are the directions (as best as I could make them) for the panda bear.eps file Tracee posted in this thread.  The result is the Panda Bear - fixed.eps file I posted.  I looked at different ways of approaching this...and this was the easiest way for me to do it using Corel.

Hope this helps.  :D

Panda Bear Instructions.pdf

Panda Bear Instructions.pdf

As promised, here are the directions (as best as I could make them) for the panda bear.eps file Tracee posted in this thread.  The result is the Panda Bear - fixed.eps file I posted.  I looked at different ways of approaching this...and this was the easiest way for me to do it using Corel.

Hope this helps.  :P

:D:P that was a GREAT step by step!!!

THANK U, that is exactly what I need to know step by step. Gives me a point to start practicing on other designs.

Tory