sykadellic

port COM4.... thats as far as i got...pcut doesnt respond at all

Hi I have been trying to setup my creation pcut for the past 5 days, I've been reading this forum and have gather alot of info, but my circumstances are a mixture of many i have seen here online.....

Here are the facts:

-I have the creation pcut630 :)

-my manual came in chinese! i found an english one online :-

-I have the signcutx2 software...this is installed on both macbook pro and viao and working :)

-the cutter moves too far left hitting the red button.... :-

-i have tried to test cut- no response ;D

-tried to cut- no response cutter just said 'waiting' one time, ther other times nothing ;D

-it says online, that's all :-

-it has not cut anything at all ;D

I have tried setting the cutter up with my macbook pro running os x 10.4, it doesn't recognize the cutter. I downloaded the fdti us serial driver online and installed it....nothing!

I have tried setting it up on my sony viao laptop running windows vista....no communication with the cutter there either.  I have installed the driver via the disk it is set up on port COM4.....and that's as far as i can get....Please help!  :'(

As to the blade cartridge hitting the left kill button.....is the cartridge beginning on the left hand side (looking at the front) or the right? It should be starting on the right. Do you know how to reset your blade's point of origin?

Hi-

the blade is starting on the left (looking @ the machine from the front)

How do I reset the point of origin?

thanks

Hey!

Couple of things to try- with your cutter off, move the blade to the right ( looking at it) this will be where the cutter starts from.  To reset this when the cutter

is powered up, press "on line" - takes it off line, you should have a x / y reference, use the arrows to place the cutter head where you want it usually on the right, use the up/down to position the vinyl. when you are satisfied press the bullseye button in the middle - that should zero the x / y  values then press online. you should be ready to go.

com settings- go to the device manager (windows xp, I am not up on my vista yet) check the port configurations, you should have one that says "usb serial port" and whichever com port it is. Right click and check the properties - the bits per second  should be 9600 baud, data bits 8 parity none, stop bits 1, flow control hardware, -this one is important. In your cutting program check the cutter setup - everything should be the same, reset what you need to and give it a try. unfortunately I don't use signcut so I have no guidance for this. hope this helps