I am having trouble ith cuting small letters (1/4") that the blade stops and starts off. It seems to cut the inside of the letter C but when it comes to the outside it cuts in an angle instead of parelle with the letter. It also cuts the corner off some of the letters like H. I have tried other fonts with no luck. I have reset the blade, tried different pressure, lubed the blade, changed the blade, changed the vinyl, changed blade offsets. I also changed the direction of cut to accross the vinyl, with no luck. Do I have a bad blade holder? Everything seems tight but I might be missing something. I just got this thing and it seems that larger stuff is oK but I now want to get into some more detailed decals.

Pic included

left C is in Counter clockwise and right is in clockwise

Also I did order and install a Serial card, I read that they may have been ny prob. it helped a little.

post-2999-12986523708319_thumb.jpg

post-2999-12986523708767_thumb.jpg

post-2999-12986523718691_thumb.jpg

post-2999-12986523718965_thumb.jpg

I have tried the blade setting instructons earlier but did not seem to help and I do see it with other fonts. Speed is at 40 preasure 110. I had a 60 blade in and it was a lot worse, I switched to a 45 and it became much better. Thats why I am leanig toward something is not right with the blade holder or an alignment issue. It should cut better with a 60, right?

I use 45 only. I have done 1/8 inch with no problems. Try te 45 again, slow your speed down a bit. See what happens.

I seem to have better luck with the 60's... but, others say they can't tell a difference.

What font is that? I could try cutting it on mine and see if it's the same.

Or, just attach the sbd file

I cleaned and oiled the blade again. I am running a 45 blade 40 speed 110 pressure. Notice the corners of the H are cut at an angle and the straight tops are not straight.

Thanks for all the help

File attached

cut test.sbd

post-2999-12986523817153_thumb.jpg

cut test.sbd

post-2999-12986523830896_thumb.jpg

The file isn't the same as the picture or the font you show.

Is this the file you cut?

It cut just as it should.. no problems.

I set the blade and pressure as per the document... 60 deg blade (older) speed 40 and 108 pressure

I have tried everthing from 0 to 1.00 by 10s and .25. Some are better and some are worse but none are perfect. On the Bottom of the H and most of the other letters it cuts the straight line across but then cuts the corner off in an angle. I don't know. Going to try and call USCutter and see what they can tell me.

Just a couple more suggestions.... make sure any and all "weed" features are turned off.

I've found with mine even a small change in the offset makes a big difference.. try making smaller incremental changes in the offset.

Even going from 0.25 to 0.20 could make the difference.

With your blade carrier in place (back hole) how much space is there between the bottom of the carrier and the cutting strip?

I made a square and added some letters and started testing over. Weed off did not make a change. My carrier is 1/8 off the strip. tried raising it up until it would just barely touch the vinyl in full down mode, and still cut off. I have tried different offset #s by 1 # at a time. best I would say is around .44 but it still cuts off the corners. I have run it up to .60 but it starts to overshoot the square and still cuts off the corner. Lower numbers round off all the points and still angle cuts off the starting corner. I drew a quick pic of what its doing. I made a call to tech support on Thurs.  but have not heard back yet.

post-2999-12986523914681_thumb.jpg

post-2999-12986523934296_thumb.jpg

About an 1/8" off the strip is correct.... Sorry I couldn't have been more help.. It sounds like a software problem... you never did say what software you're using

Thanks Popeye for your time with this.

I am using Sign Blazer "the never ending (because I can't get an activation number) trial version",lol

Well, I'm trying but haven't been much help  :thumbsup: and you are more than welcome.

About the only other thing I can think of is the cutting size correction... you should have the pen holder with the pcut... set your offset to 0.00 and plot a box about the same size as the text you're cutting.. if you select the text it will tell you the approximate size..

Once you plot the box measure it against what you drew and see what you have... if it's off much change the cutting size correction and try it again.

Thanks

Did the box thing and it was right on.

:thumbsup:

Could it be the carrier/Blade Holder.

I read about people changing them. Hate to spend 50.00 on a guess.

Could be... you should be able to see if its broken...  better wait and talk with Ken or Levi before you go spending money..

Try leaving the offset to 0.00 and pen plotting the text you were trying to cut..

Sorry, that's about the depth of my knowledge  :thumbsup:  It will be interesting to see what the final solution is..

looks pretty good with the pen

If it looks good with the pen, I am leaning towards a blade depth and pressure setting issue, or the offset.

I started over again and with no luck. Reset blade by PDf instructions. Tried different offsets and pressure until I ran out of vinyl on this roll and no matter what it still cuts the corner off of the letters and does not start and stop together. Different offsets make changes to the letter but it still start and stops in different spots like I showed above. Anything else to try?