Sign in to follow this  
Mopower71

Here I am.

I don't know how I ended up here.... well yes I do.

I'm looking to get a plotter/cutter, and chased down this forum from e-bay.

Since last year I have been thinking about purchaceing a plotter/printer, to do some vinyl for my car, and possibly get rolling with a side job to help support the race car.

It's been tough trying to figure out what to get, Different brands and the prices are all over the place.

Who makes the US cutterbrand? is there support avalible if something happens to selltopia?

We'll see what I end up with. I know I'll need some help and guidence in the near future.

You guys/gals have a nice forum here.

Norm

Norm, there seems to be a great bunch of people here willing to help folks get going. you just gotta hit that gas pedal coming out of the pits (buy a us cutter) and by the time you need to pit for fuel you will have enough confidence to handle cutting anything. think of these guys as extended pit crew.  good luck and welcome to the forum.

USCutter is our brand name. Currently we sell units manufactured by Refine and Copam, both out of China. We have support for our products, as well as replacement parts and blades that we offer through our uscutterdirect.com site. We have been around the longest of anyone selling cutters on eBay, and intend to keep it that way. We are also looking into other sign making solutions to offer more options at unbeatable pricing.

If you ever need assistance you can contact me directly at kenimes@uscutter.com

Thanks for the info kenimes , makes me feel better.

Now I just need to come up with the cash for the plotter and material.

Cash is at an all time low with the wife out of work and it being slow in the surveying business right now.

Where would I get pictures, or how would I make a design to cut on the machine?

Is it easy to convert pictures/images into a cuttable image?

Thanks

Norm

Guest fivestar

USCutter is our brand name. Currently we sell units manufactured by Refine and Copam, both out of China. We have support for our products, as well as replacement parts and blades that we offer through our uscutterdirect.com site. We have been around the longest of anyone selling cutters on eBay, and intend to keep it that way. We are also looking into other sign making solutions to offer more options at unbeatable pricing.

If you ever need assistance you can contact me directly at kenimes@uscutter.com

Ken I thought the Copam came from Taiwan, no?

Taiwan is the Republic of China. Separate from Mainlain China,and not communist.

Where would I get pictures, or how would I make a design to cut on the machine?

Is it easy to convert pictures/images into a cuttable image?

Thanks

Norm

Anythink you cut must first be in vector format.  The cheapest way to design in vector format is probably CorelDraw.  The plotter comes with a program to drive the plotter or you can download a plugin for CorelDraw to drive the plotter directly.  Then you need some vinyl.

So you need...a plotter, a vector design program, some vinyl and some application tape.  All of this can be found on eBay.

Regarding the US cutter machines, they are a hell of a deal.  They do exactly the same job that a machine 5 times thier cost does.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but all the consumables like the blade, blade holder and cutting strip are all Roland compatible so those parts can be bought anywhere.  If anything real serious should happen down the road, my guess is that it would be cheaper to buy a new plotter than have it fixed.  Don't be afraid that they are made in China.  90% of everything you touched today is made in China. 

Ross