Sign in to follow this  
caleb

Someone who can SUCCESSFULLY contour cut with a Laserpoint (RESOLVED)

I am having problems with my contour cuts lining up (More details on this thread http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,8752.0.html) and technical support has suggested that I make a post in the forums to see if someone else is able to do so for me so that we may be able to get to the root of the problem. If someone who is able to successfully make contour cuts with a laserpoint would be so kind as to assist me here it would be greatly appreciated. I have tried both signblazer elements and signcut x2 and both have the same problem, so whatever software you are running either way would be helpful to get some answers. If I could send you the image that I have been working with and you could see if you can contour cut it, it would really help me see if it is something I am doing improperly with the files or the software or if it is in fact a problem with my cutter. Please let me know what type of files you would prefer (I use Adobe Illustrator, if that makes a difference)if you are willing to help me out and the best way for me to send them to you.

Thank you very much.

Yes. I have remedied the problem. Sorry it took so long to reply. Here is how I fixed it.

1.To get the settings locked in properly, make sure your cutter is not in "On Line" mode.

If it is press the On Line button so it shows:

*  X+0.00 *

*  Y+0.00 *

2.Press the Mode button until your display reads:

* X_Scale *

* number  *

(I have only worked with my cutter so I am not sure if the number is the same on yours or not, but what mine needed to be set to was "25795" so I am assuming that this is a default figure)

3.Press the +/- keys until the number is "25795".

4.Press the Mode button once more

5.Set the Y_Scale to the same number (25795)

6.Press the mode button again so that the display reads

*  X+0.00 *

*  Y+0.00 *

7.Now press the On Line button one last time to return to online mode.

You should be good to go.

This should solve the problem. In my case it was the Y_Scale that was off (The X_Scale was fine), but I wrote the instructions so that someone could easily use them to fix the problem on either axis. If you are having the exact same problem that I was you should only need to fix the Y_Scale. If your numbers are dramatically different than mine, I would suggest changing the problem axis to the same number as the working axis. If they both are off, I would suggest starting at 25795 for both, and working from there until it is perfect. Please let the forums know if this fixed your problem, as I have heard a lot of others have having the same one, and it would be helpful if we knew if this is causing it for everyone. Also I would be very interested to know if your numbers are the same, or close, to the ones that I have on mine, so we can know if we should use this as a starting point.

I think I'm making progress!!!!!  Its not fully perfect yet but it WORKS!!!

Settings:

Outline Offset: 0.00

Thickness: 0.20

I think I need to raise the thickness in the outline settings.  As you can see on the T-Shirt & transfer paper, part of the ears and the left side face is missing........Any suggestions?

By the way, I posted my first T-Shirts using the Vinyl Function as well as the Contour Function I did Today!!!!!

See it Here: http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,9928.0.html

You should always check your cutter for the proper default settings... Especially if you are troubleshooting. This is the type of issue that is easily avoided by going by the book and checking each setting, step by step. Well done Caleb, way to find what others missed.

-Brandon