Sign in to follow this  
topcatfavors

3rd Pinch Roller for Laserpoint 24

BCG - Some say a third roller isn't needed, other say that it couldn't hurt.  I also considered it after doing a 6 foot run, I didn't have much issues with drift as I did with tenting. Still haven't bought that 3rd roller yet ... because I haven't needed to do a 6 foot run again. Although I am now noticing that rollers and/or the traction bar are feeding at a slightly different speed/distance between the left and right. Not huge, but at some point I would guess that it needs to be swapped out or a 3rd roller added.

I'm trying to convince Ken to post some on eBay so I can buy them cheap  ;D

I have never needed one when testing out the units, but some say it has helped them.....

The reason I would like to add a 3rd roller is that the left roller on my LP24 sometimes seems to stop and my vinyl bunches up and gets wasted.  I was thinking if I put a 3rd all the way to the left it would help the one that stops.  Maybe I just need to replace the one tht is stopping.

A third roller just helps in marking up you material with a roller mark.

true dat.

i added a third roller to my lp24, but i went to the hardware store and found a lighter spring so it would not mark up the material. it really helps keep the center of wide material from tenting and from dragging under higher cutting pressures. here is that thread...

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,4773.0.html

bb

i added a third roller to my lp24, but i went to the hardware store and found a lighter spring so it would not mark up the material. it really helps keep the center of wide material from tenting and from dragging under higher cutting pressures. here is that thread...

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,4773.0.html

bb

Brilliant...