Sign in to follow this  
pitts-s1s-pilot

A little freaked out.

I haven't even received my PCUT yet and I have to admit that I'm a little freaked out by what I'm reading here at the forum. 

There seem to be many many repeat problems and lots of frustration getting them set up and dialed in.  Having absolutely no previous experience with cutters this has me a little spooked. 

I am actually thinking of calling and changing my order to a Refine or spending more money for a Copam just to deal with less problems.

Am I being a little crazy or what? 

BTW - It wouldn't faze me at all to get the Copam if it truely means less problems.  Budget isn't an issue and I would like to get going as easily/smoothly as possible. 

ALL THOUGHTS APPRECIATED......

HR  :- 

2 things to consider:

most problems are USB related. Use a serial if you can

Most people that DON"T have problems,don't post. MY brother had his up and running in 15 minutes,and no problems in over a year.

It doesn't take much to get them set up and once you do they are pretty much trouble free. That goes for whichever cutter you chose. I would reccomend using a serial connection on the PCut though.

Guest fivestar

Also remember this actually is a tech support forum.  So there's going to be alot of problem posts.  We just kind of made it a "hang out" forum.  :o

Not to worry, most of the problems posted here are from people without any experience with cutters. If price isn't an issue, why not go with the top of the line? Still no guarantee there will not be any issues. A shop I do work for is using a Graphtec and spent a day trying to set it up. $3200 cutter at the time. Took minutes to setup my Pcut and been no issues since. Great cutter!!!

i'm with jay, i have p-cut and serial connection and signblazer. the only problem, if you can call it a problem, was user error. i made a few of those  :thumbsup:

regards  duke

Knobhill,

I took your advice and upgraded to the Copam!  Not top of the line, but definately a step up!!! 

HR

Not to worry, most of the problems posted here are from people without any experience with cutters. If price isn't an issue, why not go with the top of the line? Still no guarantee there will not be any issues. A shop I do work for is using a Graphtec and spent a day trying to set it up. $3200 cutter at the time. Took minutes to setup my Pcut and been no issues since. Great cutter!!!