Sign in to follow this  
nbeaton

Signblazer Elements

How do you get your images from the scanner to work  

1. 1. How do you get your images from the scanner to work

• graphics
    • cutter

I just got my cutter and I can't take my images from my saved files on my computer to work. It tells me that the images are in Bitmap. Can anyone tell me why. No books came with the disc to tell me how to fix it. Also I have made some things and the transfer paper will not pick up the letters. And where can I get more graphics for the signblazer.

Thanks   Nancy

A cutter will only cut vector graphics.  There are a lot of posts here but, you will have to convert your file to a vector graphic.    If you are using your cutter for the 1st time, just make a small square and circle and maybe type a couple characters and cut them.  That will let you know you have it all hooked up and configured right. 

If your image is simple bitmap figure, you can go to "Image" then "Mode" then "Monochrome"  Afert it is mono then, go to "Image" and "Vectorize".  If your image is complex or has different parts, you will need to vectorize in anothe program like Inkscape or Corel. 

There are a lot of discussions here and lot of folks that will help.

goto the forum called 'graphic requests'.. there are a bunch of .eps files you can cut to practice.. if you get inkscape.. you can convert any .bmp to .eps (or vector file) that will load into signblazer and cut.. easier if the .bmp is black/white first.. color is another story :o