Sign in to follow this  
Guest TracMatt

I'm just signblazer stupid..can you help??

Guest TracMatt

I can't understand SBE and there is no help for me honestly.  I finally got inkscape down so now I'm struggling here.

This is a volleyball I am tring to cut it out for a shirt for my daughter.

The back should be a black circle, the top should be cut in white.

Is this what you are seeing before I cut it?  Just want to make sure I got it down before I hit go.

Thanks,

Tracee

Volleyball.SBD

Volleyball.SBD

Guest TracMatt

Thanks pung!  I really appreciate you having a look for me!  I had to take some outlines off so I was hoping it was okay.

Tracee

Your welcome. Your best bet if you are cutting it for a shirt is cut it on some test vinyl first to make sure everything works out. I hate wasting shirt vinyl.

The good thing about shirt vinyl is that you can cut something, if it goes wrong you can re cut over it and it will still work (as long as you weed properly). It happened to me when doing a shirt for myself. I didnt notice the vinyl had a design already and I cut over it, I weeded and pressed. You cant tell.

Yes I have found out that a cut will "heal" thats a good thing I accidently cut with my xacto a few things and they have all turned out fine.

Guest TracMatt

I noticed that too, but with platisol.  My husband cut too close to a design so I added the piece back on and pressed and it was fine.

Tracee

Pen tool is cheap to practice with.  I just use copier paper or cut some butcher paper for longer stuff I want to test.

Guest TracMatt

I forgot about that pen thing.  Don't even know where it is.  I'll have to look now.

Thanks for reminding me renegade.

Tracee

Pen tool is cheap to practice with.  I just use copier paper or cut some butcher paper for longer stuff I want to test.

i always do a run thru with pen.. found a few mistakes that way.. didnt appear in signblazer but when it was done in pen.. i saw somethings i could change.. weird but thats how it is.. always do pen run first :o

Before I cut I always look at the file in wireframe, It can give you a good look at the cut lines.  Shows if you have hidden or overlapping lines.

Guest TracMatt

Both really great ideas, thanks.  Now I have to find that little pen.

Tracee

i always change to line to see how it looks but i like to see it being cut on the cutter or with the pen on the cutter.. then i can really judge how big it is.. etc.. even with rulers on.. sometimes i just need to see it.. to see if there is something i need to change.. works great though.. :thumbsup: