d3c3pti0n5

Business Magnets, Easy, Fast, and $75 a pop (set)

Here's my go at a door magnet set I made for my mother-in-law....As much as I wanted to, I didn't charge her. J/K

Thanks Banner John, the corner rounder from walmart worked great. $3.88, you can beat that.

2784118974_0e5a0efa7f.jpg?v=0

Those look very very good! I like it.

Good Job!

PS

IF it was my mother-in-law, I would have charged her about $200 for it.  ;)

oh my, and i all this time i really thought my daughters and sons significant others adored me.... ;)

btw, nice and clean, good job!

Guest fivestar

Excellent job.  Yes magnets are very good money makers.

very good!

Upholstery is the business I got OUT OF after 30 years,to get into sign making.

Buy banner material raw and have her hem it for you...save money.

Hey LOVE IT!!!  If it was for my MIL....I just wouldn't have done it at all!!  :-

I need to get me one of those corner rounder thingys!

B U T, don't sell magnet to someone with Saturn.  Just got a rear window decal order from a lady that bought 2 magnetic signs (from another signmaker).  They don't stick to plastic or  aluminum doors!

I make them too and "wish" I could get 75 bucks....not a chance in my market.  ( 2 yesterday and 2 today).

Your magnets look great.  I want to make one for myself soon...

B U T, don't sell magnet to someone with Saturn.  Just got a rear window decal order from a lady that bought 2 magnetic signs (from another signmaker).  They don't stick to plastic or  aluminum doors!

I make them too and "wish" I could get 75 bucks....not a chance in my market.  ( 2 yesterday and 2 today).

I use to have a Saturn LS 300.  As I was driving one day, a young punk didn't stop at a stop sign & drove head first into my drivers side.  After he backed up, my door just POPPED back out & no damage had been done to MY car!

But yes, my car couldn't hold a magnet.  I guess it's a good payoff though.  Safety or Magnets...

Guest kenya

Nice job......

ahhhhhh, your a great son-in-law  ;)

I've looked all over the craft section at our walmart, and can't find the corner rounder, could someone post a picture of theirs, Please?

I've looked all over the craft section at our walmart, and can't find the corner rounder, could someone post a picture of theirs, Please?

scrapbooking section,not crafts. the one I got looks like the green one here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Punches-corner-rounder-decorative-corner-punches_W0QQitemZ250284029025QQihZ015QQcategoryZ11793QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

What kind of magnet material do you use for these? and where can I get some?

Thanks ;D

i also looked at my wally world.. they compacted the craft-sewing sections now ;D  bummer.. no more sewing fabric.. walmart is plain stupid.. we live in a rural area and almost 99% of them shopped for fabric at walmart..  now most of the quilt makers are having to drive over an hours just to get material from another super wally.. i will have to checkout that corner cutter..

I couldn't find one in the craft area but found them by the office supplies at our Walmart

I'm using Gloss 24" WIDE 30 MIL that I bought from a local shop by the role 24"x25'.

John, I'm glad I bought the roll cause Hobby Lobby sell the 1'x2' sheets for $9.99 and it looks like I'll be making more cheer and football magnets this weekend.

What kind of magnet material do you use for these? and where can I get some?

Thanks B)

How are you'll cutting the roll to get it strait and square?

scrapbooking section,not crafts. the one I got looks like the green one here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Punches-corner-rounder-decorative-corner-punches_W0QQitemZ250284029025QQihZ015QQcategoryZ11793QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's what I use, Seems to be small. but not one customer has complained. I saw some the other day a guy had on his tow truck, It had a Metallic silver back with black letters, he said he paid 65.00 each, and the person didn't even round the corners for him. I pulled him over on the road and told him he would lose them if the corners weren't rounded. Hell, he even tried to give me 10.00. I told him no, just take my card and if you ever need something else done let me know. He was surprised that I didn't take the money. He also sent a guy for magnetics 2 weeks later. 50.00 for the pair. Then the guy that I originally stopped, called me and said, "Man I got ripped off at 65.00 each."  That was that.

I believe according to bannerjohn, they are in the scrapbooking section at Walmart.