C Lewis

how 2 uninstall ftdi drivers (mac osx)

ok. i am having this little problem with the drivers. i need to uninstall and download a different one, only thing is i am not sure how to un-install them the correct way. i thought if i just moved them to the trash and emptyed it. does not work though. anyone with this experince please help, thank you.....

I don't have it in front of me to check, but a well written driver should have an uninstall option in the installer itself. go through the motions of installation again and see if it gives you the option when you get to "installation type".  you can also ctrl+click on the installer (the actual installer pkg and not the dmg), and choose "show package contents" from the submenu.  you can then see the names of all the files it has installed, and use the finder to locate and trash each one manually. be cautious with any generically labelled "plist" files, better to leave them than delete them if you;re not positive it's the one associated with the driver you're removing.

Really though, you should just be able to install the new drivers without removing the old ones without any ill affects...if it's a newer version of the same driver it will give you the option to "upgrade" during installation, and if it's a different driver alltogether it shouldn't conflict with the one you've already installed.

HI

I just went through this yesterday. Are they the FTDI drivers? Also if you are trying to install the older 2.2.9 drivers to use with signcut, they don't work either. The instructions on the FTDI website telling you how to uninstall the driver is wrong, it does not work. I went to the Apple store and they did it for me. What great service!!

Please pm me if you need help.

Regards

Paul

I switched to serial port and would like to uninstall it too. I'm running an Imac with bootcamp (Windows 7 32). I couldn't do it in windows partition with FTDIUN, and I don't have a clue on how to uninstall in Mac OS X either. :(. Any ideas?

• Like 1