Guest TracMatt

Anbody else workout...like exercise LOL

Guest TracMatt

I also hate the dreadmill, but what are you going to do?  I quit smoking in 1997 and gained 30 lbs instantly.  It just shut my metabolism down flat.  The only way I can raise mine is working out.  I love the way I feel after I exercise.  I feel energized and good about getting off my a$$ and doing something LOL.

Joe

Is that a complimment?  Woohoo!!! I look like I work out!!! Thanx Tracee  Do you want to go out sometime? 

You are too funny!  It would be like going out with your mother I'm afraid LOL.  Might not be as much fun as you think it would.  On your famous youtube video you didn't look like a skinny little feller with no muscles, but it was hard to see  :huh:.

TRacee

Tracee, I have heard that when people who smoke quit, they gain...  :-

The thing with exercising is you really have to keep at it....when I had a routine going it felt great, than I had a couple days where I wasn't feeling well and well you probably guessed it....I got off that routine.

All I know is your post is inspiring me to get movin'  :huh:

Legend and musician Isaac Hayes dropped dead a week ago after using a treadmill...Jerome I. Rodale, the publisher of (among other things) Today’s Health Magazine...dropped dead during a taping of the Dick Cavett show in 1971 (the show was never aired)....Recently, Irish Olympian Noel Carroll collapsed and died while running, and the Chicago Marathon was marred by the death of a runner.

I was kidding Tracee  :huh: You are nice and fun too  :huh: 

PS

You call it muscle, I call it fat.  ;)

Legend and musician Isaac Hayes dropped dead a week ago after using a treadmill...Jerome I. Rodale, the publisher of (among other things) Today

Guest TracMatt

Gosh John, my motivation might have gone straight out the window!  JK I'm heading there right now.

Joe,

I knew you were kidding, I'm an old married lady!  Been married since I was 19, just not to the same person ha ha ha!

I'm glad someone was inspired by my post Jenny.  Id like to get some of this extra "muscle" off  :huh:

Tracee

3EB - How's It Gonna Be; Jumper

Avril Lavigne - Complicated

Billy Idol - Eyes Without a Face; Dancing with Myself; Flesh for Fantasy; Rebel Yell; White Wedding

Blind Melon - No Rain

Clash - Rock the Cashbh; Should I Stay or Should I Go

Crazy Town - Butterfly

Creed - Higher

David Bowie - Modern Love

Debbie Deb - When I Hear Music

Dishwalla - Counting Blue Cars

Everlast - What It's Like

Five for Fighting - Superman

Garbage - I'm Only Happy When it Rains; Special; Stupid Girl

Jagged Edge - Where the Party At

Jesus Jones - Right Here, Right Now

KLF - 3am Eternal

Level 42 - Something About You

Lisa Lisa - Head to Toe; I Wonder If I Take You Home

Marcy Playground - Sex & Candy

Matchbox 20 - 3am

No Doubt - Don't Speak; Ex-Girlfriend; Hella Good; Just a Girl

Peter Gabriel - Shock the Monkey

Pink - Get This Party Started; There You Go

Queen - Under Pressure; Another One Bites the Dust; Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Scar Tissue; Under the Bridge

Rush - Tom Sawyer

Scorpions - No One Like You; Rock You Like a Hurricane

Shakira - Objection

Smash Mouth - All Star

Spin Doctors - Two Princes

Sublime - Santeria

Sugar Ray - Every Morning; Fly

Supertramp - Take a Look at My Girlfriend

SWV - Don't Walk Away; I'm So Into You

The Cars - Just What I Needed

Three Doors Down - Kryptonite

Tonic - If Youc Could Only See

Train - Drops of Jupiter

Trinere - Look Out Weekend

Triumph - Lay It On the Line

U2 - Mysterious Ways; New Year's Day; Pride; Sunday Bloody Sunday; Sweetest Thing

Vertical Horizon - Best I Ever Had; Everything You Want; You're a God

3LW - No More

702 - Where My Girls At

Alliyah - Are You That Somebody; Try Again; If Your Girl Only Knew

Big Pun - Don't Wanna Be a Player No More

Black Eyed Peas - Don't Lie; Don't Phunk with My Heart; Pump It

Blaque - She Ain't Got theBoom

Blondie - Maria

Bone, Thugs and Harmony - Ghetto Cowboy

Cathy Dennis - C'Mon and Get My Love

Christina, Pink, Mya & Lil' Kim - Lady Marmalade

City High w/Eve - Carmel

Craig David - Fill Me In

Debra Cox - Nobody's Supposed to Be Here (Dance remix)

Destiny's Child - Jumpin, Jumpin

Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg - Like This and Like That

Dru Hill w/Redman - How Deep Is Your Love

Fergie - Glamorous; Here I Come

George Michaels - Freedom; I Want Your Sex

Gwen Stefani - Holla Back Girl; Rich Girl

INOJ - Time After Time

Jaya - If You Leave Me Now

Jody Watley - Don't You Want Me

Justin Timberlake - Cry Me a River

Keith Sweat - Make You Sweat

LL Cool J - Around the Way Girl

Luther, Janet, Ralph & Quincy - Best Things In Life Are Free

Missy Elliot - Get Your Freak On; I Can't Stop the Rain; Sock It to Me

Mo Thugs - It's All Good

Nelly - Must be the Money; Dilemma

Nelly Furtado - Get Your Freak On; Turn Off the Lights; Promiscuous Girl; Say It Right

New Edition - If It Isn't Love

Nicole - Make It Hot

Pussy Cat Dolls - Don't Cha; Buttons

Sandee - Notice Me

Suzanne Vega w/DNA - Tom's Diner

Tatyana Ali - Daydream

The Party - In My Dreams

Timbaland & Magoo - Here We Come; Clock Strikes; Love 2 Love U

Vanity 6 - Nasty Girl

dang girly ur my hero!

I'd put all my music on disc and listen to it on my way to paddling practice. I labeled the disc, "Paddling Trash". It helped to motivate me to stay positive in the canoe while I steered and tried to keep the other paddlers on track. I definitely helped with a LOT of my practices, especially since that was the only exercise I was getting  :huh:

Tracce

OK so now ya have me thinking even harder about starting my work outs again. I don't have a tred mill but have a weight station thing, station bike, stair stepper and a total gym on the back porch all things I picked up from my neighbors.. But your right it's hard to start doing it, but once you do ya feel good.

I don't think about working out to lose weight I like to think about being able to walk with out weezing and getting my behind up on the horse with out him groning.....

Tracce

OK so now ya have me thinking even harder about starting my work outs again. I don't have a tred mill but have a weight station thing, station bike, stair stepper and a total gym on the back porch all things I picked up from my neighbors.. But your right it's hard to start doing it, but once you do ya feel good.

I don't think about working out to lose weight I like to think about being able to walk with out weezing and getting my behind up on the horse with out him groning.....

At least you did the smart thing ... picked it up for free from the neighbor. I am ashamed to admit that I bought most of my under utilized and under appreciated exercise stuff. My brother scooped a free Crossbow from the neighbor (putting on the curb). He has yet to use it. Says that he's missing a bolt used to keep the bench in the up-storage position - I told him that the Crossbow doesn't work when the bench is in the up position. He laughed then asked when was the last time I was on my Crossbow. I stopped laughing immediately  :thumbsup:

I was thinking that since a lot of professional athletes us imagery and another component in their training program, and that they swear that it really helps improve what their doing, I thought I would imagine myself on the dreadmill ... while I sit on my couch and drink my ice cold can of Coke  ;)

Hey, maybe we should start an exercise thread, to help keep us motivated ... or so I can lurk and read about how you guys stay motivated  :thumbsup:

Guest TracMatt

That's a good idea Haumana.  I did a mile everyday this week, plus hand weights and squats.  Then I sat here on the computer the rest of the day except when I had to truck kids around from try outs to therapy LOL.

Tracee

If you want a good way to jump start your workout program... do a 2 week navy seals boot camp. They have been a big hit here in the Houston area for several years.

Some people may not like that type of enviroment(having someone yelling at you), but that kinda stuff gets me pumped up.

My exwife did it when they first came available in Houston, and she went from doing like 10 pushups, 30 situp, and 1 pullup to something like 70 pushups, 80 situps, and 9 pullups all within 2 weeks.

Guest TracMatt

slopchops, thats how I used to exercise too!

Tracee

There are 12 steps from my shop into the house. The bathroom is in the house. I am 53 years old. I get plenty of exercise.

Not to mention a few miles a day getting walked by the dog.

I use to go to a womans gym and take kickboxing, but after my 3rd kid, nobody wanted to babysit!?

So now my exercise is chasing 3 kids around all day.

I think watching the P90X infommercials and imagining myself doing those exercises should count as a workout.  ;)

OK Firemalt I would try the seal thing, but they're down by Santa Monica and start at 5:00 AM, dte other seal thing is going to the zoo and truck 200 yards to the seal pin and feed them.

I forgot about working out till I read the thread, so I'll finish up loading a couple of things and I'l off to the back, where my equipment is but then again there is a couch, tv, and a frig wih Diet Coke, sounds good Haumana

and BJ, the restroom is like 8 feet from my workroom/bedroom so not much exercise there and I'm older than you..

I think chasing 3 kids around is pretty good exercise, especially if you can take em to the park every other day, had only 2 too chase.

Heres my exercize routine..... my girlfriend buys a stair stepper I carry it upstairs, she uses it twice , I carry it out to storage shed... She buys a rowing machine, I carry it upstairs, she uses it twice , I carry it out to storage shed. she buys a exercize bike, I carry it upstairs, she uses it twice , I carry it out to storage shed. she buys a treadmill, she ...... well you get the idea. She keeps this up I'm gonna be in real good shape  ;D

Guest kenya

She wasted her money on the stair stepper..... you didn't need that one.  ;D

anyone out there tried some of the online diet/exercise stuff? (i.e. smartdiet.com, jillianmichaels.com, etc.) i just want to  know if anyone had any success with it. i don't trust the testimonials that those websites post on their sites.  ;D