Sign in to follow this  
gm2k8

accepting payments with credit cards (not paypal)

ok.. looking at credit card processing AGAIN... we had it before but i canceled it because we only had 2 customers to use it over 3 years we had it.. it was about $25/month + % of transaction.. so we lost money really if you break it down.. it would be good to have just in case especially since i am now going to add vinyl signs sales..etc.. to add to my income.. . i have heard a bunch of different pitches over the phone.. i get atleast 5-10 calls a day from telemarketers trying to pitch credit card processing and after you read the fine print.. its not worth it.. if there was one that would be cheap per month or just a percentage of use.. then i would get one in a heart beat..

some people use paypal.. however.. i have used paypal ever since it started.. before it was bought out by ebay.. and its a ripoff.. all it takes is 1 buyer to say he didnt get what he wanted and boom the money is gone from your account w/o even hearing your side.. i hate paypal.. and what suxs is i bought something from ebay and it didnt come with everything.. and was damaged.. i complained to the seller and he never did anything.. so i filed a complaint with paypal and they agreed in my favor.. however.. i didnt get my money back.. nothing.. they say if the seller ever puts any money in his account they will get my money.. well.. its been over 6 months and i still havent got my money back.. go figure.. the people who lied about some of my transactions where i was the seller.. got their money like in a second.. and paypal didnt care what i said or care about my proof of shipment.. signature.. nothing.. :P  so paypal is a no go..

so if you know of a good.. reliable.. not too expensive per month credit card processing.. please let me know..

Thanks in advance..

When using PayPal as a credit card processor, the customer can't file a dispute. All they can do is do a chargeback, which can happen with any credit card processor. Then, you go through the normal chargeback dispute process.

I use PayPal to handle $7,000+ per month in transactions for a magazine website I own, and as long as you are a reputable seller, PayPal won't give you any trouble as far as chargebacks go.

Guest Schramm

I use Google Checkout (www.googlecheckout.com), I have been with this system since the day it came out and I can tell you first hand that the people at Google are the bomb!  I hate PayPal with a passion, but google has been great!!!  You can send them invoices through Google and request them to pay a deposit or the entire balance all in 1 shot.  Great system - Check it out!!!

Google check out is good, But what I didn't like is...You have to make the item and have it mailed with a delivery confirmation number. Before you get paid. So untill you mail it and 4-5 days later is when you get paid. My order I am woring on right now the cost of the hand bags and ink was 198.00 this is supplies only. 200.00 is alot to be out for 1 week.

Guest sciondrgn

I've used paypal as a seller for 7+ years with no issues

4 years for me.

Guest sciondrgn

4 years for me.

I just double checked mine since its been a while :huh: Over 8

Account Status:            Verified

Account Type:                    US Business

Account Creation Date:  Feb. 14, 2000

PayPal Member For:          8 years 6 months 3 days

I just double checked mine since its been a while ;D Over 8

Account Status:             Verified

Account Type:                     US Business

Account Creation Date:  Feb. 14, 2000

PayPal Member For:           8 years 6 months 3 days

lol.. check it

Account Creation Date: Feb. 27, 2000

what kind of monthly fee does paypal charge if i do the processing at my shop using paypal.. any ideas? i just hate the monthly fee..

Guest sciondrgn

It varies depending on what type of account you have, If you log into your account and go to the very bottom of the page and there is several links and one says "Fees" check that out and it should give you an idea of costs for each type of transaction,

Looks like paypal charges $30/month plus varying transaction fees.  That $30 per month seems pretty high compared to the calls and sales papers I've been getting.  Lowest I've heard is $9/month after I buy $200 cc unit.

I'm not yet ready to take cards but, keep thinking about it, tooo.

I don't take credit cards directly...I just tell people that they can use ther cards through paypal. Not a problem yet.

And I got news for you...your credit card company,bank,etc...would just as easily screw you as Paypal. It's just a matter of time.

Guest sciondrgn

I don't take credit cards directly...I just tell people that they can use ther cards through paypal. Not a problem yet.

And I got news for you...your credit card company,bank,etc...would just as easily screw you as Paypal. It's just a matter of time.

Thats why I dont keep much money in anything.. Of course I spend it to fast to so that doesnt help LOL

I tried with the paypal thing one day with a customer, he replied. Is this a hobby for you? I felt insulted. Like a knife in the back. I lost that 700.00 order.

your reply should have been..'no,most people can afford to pay cash.'

LOL, After I got off the phone I remember thinking of alot of things I could have said. Ofcourse non are one's I can say here....

before I got into this...and had to pay to have our signs made...it was always cash for the deposit...no credit card,no checks. This was at local sign shops.

I'm renting space from a shop that accepts all credit cards, set up a new inventory item within and presto!!!