firemalt

My first REAL attempt at heat pressing

Well... here it is. I took a Jack Daniel's logo, cleaned our all the font, and added my FD's IAFF union number. Tried to use/find all the same font that the original image had, but they were all for sale... no freebies.

Thanks for all the help, suggestions, and guidance!

<edited because I posted images to be shared with the USC forum members, not the entire ebay community>

Hey fm, that turned out great!!! Good work! It is cool how you modified the logo!!! Way to go!

Congrats.

Joe

FIREMALT! now that look like ur a professional. i am not kidding. that's sweet. i sure do like that design

u have been flodging! all this time.  :)

Thanks for the comments.

I saw something similar while on duty yesterday, so when we got back to the station, I busted out the laptop and started designing/editing... by 10pm I already had 3 guys on my shift saying that they want one.

Going to take this demo with me to work tomorrow and get a list working!  :)

I was surprised how long it took to weed that... it's 12"x15" and took probably 15 to 20 minutes to weed. I guess/hope I'll get faster with more experience.

I was thinking of asking $18 for s to xl, and $20 for xxl and larger. Asking too much?

ur righ :thumbsup:t on the mark.

remind me tomorrow to send u something i think u will like

Guest kenya

Very nice..... cool idea!

It's an orginal. :)

Looks awesome!!! nice job!  I see THAT must have been the large image that didn't fit entirely in one press?  :)

Get your order form out...I'm sure you will be using it.

Prices sound fair to me!

Jenny

Wow... it looks like a shirt you would have to buy from the store.  You did a great job on the design, the weeding... everything!

:) :)

Guest fivestar

That looks awesome Tim and I don't think your prices are too high.

Guest Schramm

Dude that nuckin futs!!!  My brother in law is a chemical firefighter stationed at the Citgo plant near Chicago and I know that the guys in his unit love it!!!  Great idea and design, I like the fact that you retrofitted the Jack logo into firefighters shirts as I have been around fires while they are happening and honestly I think those guys have to be drunk to do it!!!LOL

On a personal note...  What the heck is this about you being a FRUIT LOOP???  Did I miss something?

bk2design = self proclaimed forum rival

You're the one that said we were forum rivals  :)

Guest fivestar

You're the one that said we were forum rivals  :)

You two seem like brothers.  :) :) :)

Really nice work!  We sell black shirts with single color designs only on front that are smaller than that for $17 all of the time.  So, your price sounds right on for that kind of quality work.

You're the one that said we were forum rivals  :lol:

You two seem like brothers.  :) :) :)

:)

Guest fivestar

Myself I would take orders and get a feel for how many will sell and then order plastisol.  There's alot of weeding there.  :) :) :lol:

From your experience, roughly how much would something like that cost, David? I'll probably have 15 to 20 shirts.

Myself I would take orders and get a feel for how many will sell and then order plastisol.  There's alot of weeding there.  :) :) :lol:

[/quote

hey five, what's ur cutoff point for vinyl tees.

mine is depending on the weed and time.

Guest fivestar

From your experience, roughly how much would something like that cost, David? I'll probably have 15 to 20 shirts.

I would get 36 of them as there's a price break at that quanity and it should be approx. $1.90 or less. per sheet/transfer.  I don't think I'd weed that for that price.

Guest fivestar

[/quote

hey five, what's ur cutoff point for vinyl tees.

mine is depending on the weed and time.

I'm with you Sheila, it depends on the complexity of the design.  I've done over a hundred in vinyl, but the same sense, I've done plastisol for 25.