hi all. sometimes when i do test cut, the cutter rolls out about 18" to 24" of vinyl then cuts a square. other times it goes right across the vinyl rolling out 2'to 6' of vinyl, then cuts a square.rarely it will cut squaers near designated cutting position.

i am wasting a lot of vinyl.  how do i fix this problem?

thanks duke

thanks tykite, it still rolls out 4to6 inches. is that normal?

regards  duke

My Pcut cuts about a 1" x 1/4" test square... so that would be normal.

Ken,

My X and Y are as you listed... I see this question more and more. Are you seeing a trend?

No trend, just trying to figure out why it is acting like that. The test cut directly from the cutter, is not going to have anything to do with software or connection method, it should do a correct test cut without even being plugged in to a computer.

You are doing the test cut from the cutter itself?

:huh: If you're asking me.. yes right at the cutter.

I realize it doesn't solve the test cut problem.. but if that's the only problem you're having, take the cutter offline press the "DN" button and then use the cursor keys to cut a test square and the press the "UP" button. I always test cut manually..

hi ken, my x,y, scales are zero when i go from on to off line.

when pressing mode x is 25795 y is 25858.

i am test cutting direct at cutter.

it cuts ok but it rolls out a minimum of 4" of vinyl. at times it rolls out about 2 or 3 feet before test cutting. that is a lot of waste :'(

regards duke

hi ken, my x,y, scales are zero when i go from on to off line.

when pressing mode x is 25795 y is 25858.

i am test cutting direct at cutter.

it cuts ok but it rolls out a minimum of 4" of vinyl. at times it rolls out about 2 or 3 feet before test cutting. that is a lot of waste :'(

regards duke

Interesting.....it should not be doing that. You make sure your origin is zeroed out before running the test cut?

Interesting.....it should not be doing that. You make sure your origin is zeroed out before running the test cut?

hi ken,how do i do that?

regards duke

Guest sciondrgn

hi ken,how do i do that?

regards duke

Duke, Take the cutter offline and use the arrows to position the carriage to your starting point on the vinyl, once set where you want it press the center cross hairs button to set the origin to zero and then you can try out the test cut or bring the machine back online to make your cuts