firemalt

Graphic sharing thread... Start your EPS collection here!

u want me to remove the file...fine... but im not "encouraging" anyone to do anything... thats like saying selling 'ammo' is encouraging people to shoot someone....

As evident by the number of times this topic comes up, not everyone knows or understands copyright/trademark laws and when people see images like that posted on here, a lot of them assume it's OK to use, so you are encouraging them by making the image easily available on a forum dedicated to replicating graphics.

The big issue is that by uploading it onto usc website they become liable for the copywrited material being distributed . . . .

Hey, I warned you and tried to stop you from being potentially banned from the forums or, worse yet,  sued by Disney (who now owns Marvel and are extremely protective of their IP) - what you do with that is up to you.

yeah i know who owns marvel...

when disney goes after every site on the net that has a picture of all their "copyrighted" characters, that will be the day hell freezes over lol.

heres a question... Im at Disney world, and i take a picture of my brother and mickey mouse...who owns the copyright to the picture?

i took the picture... i am the photographer, the picture is now my copyright...event tho Mickey Mouse is in it.

are you going to try to sell that picture with mickey on it commercially?

are you going to try to sell that picture with mickey on it commercially?

define "commercially"?

If i take a picture of my Ford Ranger, and someone want to buy that pic from me...

Or if i take a picture of Mt Rushmore, and sell it to a calenadar company...

Or i take a picture of my motorcycle in the sunset and want to sell that....

Its no different than a photographer at a wedding....the photographer was hired to take pics, but the photographer thinks he/she owns the pics and can sell to the groom/bride and other people.

You own the copyright on any photo you take. Period. That's the law.  If you hand your camera to someone else to take a picture of you and your brother with Mickey, then the copyright belongs to the person that pushed the shutter button - not to you.  Doesn't matter if it's your camera, your film, your memory card, etc.

Now, if that photo contains copyrighted or trademarked material, there are limitations on what you can do with that picture.  You can not, say, crop out your brother and then trace Mickey into a vector and claim that you're legit because it's a tracing of your photo.

You can make a t-shirt for yourself (or your brother) with that picture on it because that picture is your's.  The moment you put that picture on a shirt and offer it up for sale, then you're violating the law because you can't make commercial use of someone else's copyright/trademark without their permission.

You own the copyright on any photo you take. Period. That's the law.  If you hand your camera to someone else to take a picture of you and your brother with Mickey, then the copyright belongs to the person that pushed the shutter button - not to you.  Doesn't matter if it's your camera, your film, your memory card, etc.

Now, if that photo contains copyrighted or trademarked material, there are limitations on what you can do with that picture.  You can not, say, crop out your brother and then trace Mickey into a vector and claim that you're legit because it's a tracing of your photo.

You can make a t-shirt for yourself (or your brother) with that picture on it because that picture is your's.  The moment you put that picture on a shirt and offer it up for sale, then you're violating the law because you can't make commercial use of someone else's copyright/trademark without their permission.

OK so the photographer owns the pics, even tho he/she was hired to do it....So how about cameramen and photographers for movies??? They are hired by the film studios to take pics and record....and all that material belongs to the studio, not the individual photographer/camera man.

Marvel and Disney hire many artists to draw for them...another question... 

Its no different than a photographer at a wedding....the photographer was hired to take pics, but the photographer thinks he/she owns the pics and can sell to the groom/bride and other people.

That is because the photographer does own the copyright on all the photos that they took!

anyway what i am saying is, posting an image up, is no way "encouraging" someone to sell it "commercially"..

That is because the photographer does own the copyright on all the photos that they took!

then all the camera men and photographers and artists also own all the stuff they drew/took.....even tho they were paid to do it...

im sorry, but i am an engineer, i design and draw parts up for a company, all the parts i draw up become property of my employer....i cant take them to a competitor company and sell...

could u imagine if i took all the prints for all the parts i drew up and tried to sell them to my boss??

i got paid on company time to draw them...they are already property of the company

My business name is GC-Extreme Web Design & Graphics... if you google GC-Extreme, u wil find this "GC-Extreme Thermal Compound (TC-GC-03-A)......hmmm sounds like a copyright issue??

you will also find a company called GC-Extreme Air Valves http://www.xtremevalves.com/

hmm im surprises neither of these companies have came after me...lol because i own the domain name gcextreme.com

• Like 1

im sorry, but i am an engineer, i design and draw parts up for a company, all the parts i draw up become property of my employer....i cant take them to a competitor company and sell...

But you are paid by your company to draw said designs. It would different if you were self employeed/free lancer and you approched the company and offered to sell them to them. Then they woiuld be yours until you sold them to them and even then, depending on whatever is in the contract, you could still hold most of the rights to the originals.

Just like the guys that do the drawings for Disney. Just cause they drew them does not make them theirs. They were hired by a company to draw thier copyright material. Just as your company is doing with you.

You just dont get it I dont think...

My business name is GC-Extreme Web Design & Graphics... if you google GC-Extreme, u wil find this "GC-Extreme Thermal Compound (TC-GC-03-A)......hmmm sounds like a copyright issue??

you will also find a company called GC-Extreme Air Valves http://www.xtremevalves.com/

hmm im surprises neither of these companies have came after me...lol because i own the domain name gcextreme.com

Name your business one of the names you mentioned other then CG-Etreme Grapichs and then you might have problems but you are not CG-Extreme Thermal Copound or Air Valves. lol

But you are paid by your company to draw said designs. It would different if you were self employeed/free lancer and you approched the company and offered to sell them to them. Then they woiuld be yours until you sold them to them and even then, depending on whatever is in the contract, you could still hold most of the rights to the originals.

Just like the guys that do the drawings for Disney. Just cause they drew them does not make them theirs. They were hired by a company to draw thier copyright material. Just as your company is doing with you.

You just dont get it I dont think...

So I hire and pay a photographer to take pics of my wedding.....hows that different? 

other than making the photographer sign a contract that relinquishes him/her of the copyright ownership....

So i pay a photographer $500 to take pictures...then he/she wants to sell the pics to me?? 

The photographer cant go off and sell pics of me and my wife to other people without my permission...if that was the case then the photographer would be paying me to take pics of my wedding...just like as if i was a model..

So I hire and pay a photographer to take pics of my wedding.....hows that different? 

other than making the photographer sign a contract that relinquishes him/her of the copyright ownership....You would be hard pressed to find any photographer that will give you the rights to any photos they take. They make money off the copies not of of the time taking them. 

So i pay a photographer $500 to take pictures...then he/she wants to sell the pics to me?? 

The photographer cant go off and sell pics of me and my wife to other people without my permission...if that was the case then the photographer would be paying me to take pics of my wedding...just like as if i was a model..They can if it was in the contract you signed when you hired them to photograph you. If you signed any type of release form they might be able to. Any wedding I did I had release forms signed. More so to protect myself and release them form any rights of said photos.

seems false to me...pay a photographer $500 to take pics for an hour...and then she wants another $300 for just a few prints of the pics....thank god i had tons of people there with their own cameras pretty much taking the same shots she took..so i got all those pics on disks for free...

and whats really sad... most of those pics came out better than the photographers pics did..

My neighbor is a photographer and like she always says, Prices are for not only the picture taking but my time, equipment costs (She has almost $6k wrapped up into just her one camera and maybe 2 or 3 lenses alone), any overhead expenses, travle time, time spent editing the photos, the cost of photo devolopment/printing... You get the idea now why it costs what it does? And by her taking the pictures you sign a contract saying she will give you full rights to the photos and provides you with them on disk so you can do as you please with them, but by signing the contract you also alow her to use the photos at her discression for advertising for her business such as flyers, business cards, etc... You dont like the cost of having a profesional do it, then take the pictures yourself and do as you please with the photos...

How about we get back on topic here, and that is sharing work that is not copyrighted or your own personal work you do not mind sharing for others to use. Otherwise known as licanse free. :)

heres one from a pic of me and the wife on our wedding day on the motorcycle..

this is not from the one the photographer took...but my sis took with my camera ....

i think i should add some dark lines into her wedding dress...what do u think?

here the original photo

WeddingBike_1.jpg

post-38025-0-32763900-1365381211_thumb.j

WeddingBike_1edit.ai

Second version definitely looks better than the first.  I'd do some node cleanup on the front wheel so it looks more round.

yeah im going to work on it alot more before i try to cut it...lol...

i will post up the final version when i finish it..

I used to have GC-Xtreme Valves on my Dakota!