I'm curious as to what software you're using to do the accounting for your business (to do invoicing, track sales tax, and account for the costs of goods sold going into what you sell).

We don't do enough yet to need special accounting software.

I use Quick Books for invoices and recording keeping though.

Jenny

Thanks for the replies everyone.  ;D

Looks like Quickbooks for me, then.  I think what I'll do is wait a couple months for Quickbooks 2009 to come out before buying.  Up until now, I've been using Quicken Home and Business.  Ok for invoicing and receiving payments...but no business inventory feature.

It looks like I am the odd man out here. I am using PeachTree Complete Acc. 2008. So far it has been better htan any other program that I have tried.

i used to use peachtree, but i found quick books was much easier to use and had more features. to me peachtree

had to many steps. i learned it but i really didn't care for it.

The main thing that I like about peachtree is that I can inventory all of my stuff, when I actually get t all entered, and that way I know what I have on hand. I mainly bought for when I was doing more lights, but that is probably fixin to change as I am about tired of messin with a customer that doesnt like anything that I do.

The main thing that I like about peachtree is that I can inventory all of my stuff, when I actually get t all entered, and that way I know what I have on hand. I mainly bought for when I was doing more lights, but that is probably fixin to change as I am about tired of messin with a customer that doesnt like anything that I do.

i totally hear ya. they have nice trial versions to try. and i think they have a free versions but of course u know it is probably limited i'm not sure.

quiickbooks 2008 here just learning but seems good to me

Anyone know how to remove a credit from a customers account?

Guest fivestar

quiickbooks 2008 here just learning but seems good to me

Anyone know how to remove a credit from a customers account?

Just do a sales slip for the same amount?  That's how I always do it.  But then again, my records aren't the best kept records in the world.  :) :) ;D