Sign in to follow this  
EHovind

Blank screen on cutter after first cut

I got my PCUT hooked up and tried my first cut, and now the screen is blank. When I power it up, it just gives me a faint black bar on the display it looks like.

I've tried turning it off and back on, unplugging it for a while, etc. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Now it is cutting sometimes, but it seems to never switch from offline back to online. If I put it offline, it gets stuck offline. Also, it is still sometimes doing the thing where the display shows the very faint black bar.

I disconnected the USB cable while testing this too, so it shouldn't have anything to do witht he driver or software.

Guest sciondrgn

Hmm, the black bar could be the safety stoppers being depressed,

When these bars show up do you notice if the carriage is pushing in the red buttons on either side of the cutter?  If so then thats normal. Its a safety so the carriage doesnt ram into the sides and put strain on the motor. In order to reset that you have to turn off the cutter and manually move the carriage off of the button and turn it back on.

Will try to pay attention to this and see if that's the problem. THanks for the reply.