Sign in to follow this  
EHovind

Wow what happened? Missing software and a roll of vinyl I ordered

Well, I got my 36" PCUT today and took it out of the box, expecting to be able to start learning it tonight. I ordered the plotter, 8 rolls of vinyl, and some misc supplies... After inventorying everything, I found that I was missing a roll of vinyl that I ordered, no big deal, called cust service and left a message.

After fighting with setting up the stand for over an hour due to no instructions (and still not getting it right, go figure), I started to try to install the software. Oh, wait... Looks like I'm missing my SignBlazer CD... All I have is a 'PLTDraw' CD with Chinese writing on it. I guess I'll have to wait to use the plotter yet another week while SignBlazer is mailed to me...

I think that's super poor quality control...

I recommend you go and download a trial of any cuting software and start palying with it. Shit happens and you should not stop cuz of it. Send and email and it will be solved, you will see.

In the mean time, dont keep your arms crossed, download the trial and have some fun. Dont be so negative. We are here to help.

Good Luck and welcome to the forums.

Joe

Guest sciondrgn

I agree on the stand it took me a while to get mine together to..

But like Joe Said, just grab the demo software so you can start playing around

Not trying to be negative, just kind of bummed me out that it's been this much trouble already and all I've done is take it out of the box basically lol...

Found a SignBlazer download, I'll see ho wit goes.

Thanks for the responses.

I think that everyone that has bought a cutter, knows what it is like to be lost when they first got their cutter.

That is the truth! I got mine last October, and just did my first paying job August 8th. I should have stayed with it instead of looking and wasting material and frustration. So I stopped. Then I found very helpful info on this sight and great people to help get us through the rough spots.

Hang in there don't let a few bumps in the road get in the way like I did.

AW

Did we get you the missing items yet?

I got the roll of vinyl, but never received the Signblazer CD.

Edit: I was sent a link to download it, which worked, but I'd still like a hard copy of it.

Edit: I was sent a link to download it, which worked, but I'd still like a hard copy of it.

Sign Blaze is in the midst of transition - the owner passed away earlier this year, and since then it's my understanding that the company's future has yet to be determined by the Australian court system.

I suggest that if you really want a copy on CD, than to burn it to a CD yourself and that way you'll definitely have a hard copy of it.  :huh:

We have SignBlazer copies we could send you if you still wanted a hard copy. Burning it onto a CD is another easy option.