I recently did a store front for a lady who has a baby consignment store. I did a draft which she liked, she then picked out colors and changed font to Andy. I completed job received check, cash it. She then came back to me and said that she didn't like the colors, and that it did not have "pop". She then put stop payment on cheque, so now i owe the bank.

I know i can take her to court, but it takes so long and also now my bank is going to hold every cheque for 7 days. Not a great way to start out.

Can i take my vinyl back off windows? or what other avenues do i have?

Thanks any info would be great

If you cannot resolve it by communicating directly with the client, then sometimes small claims court is your only recourse.    :-

I just found out from my banker that she did not even have the money in her account! Must be why she is bitching about colors she picked out.

I am also wondering if i am able to lean her house?

I have her home number which is unlisted, lucky i have a friend at that installs for the phone company. His laptop tells all, I now have her address and leans are very economical here $20.

Guest sciondrgn

If you don't already I would suggest a work order release form drawn up for each job and make the customer sign the approval and also make mention of non payment will result in taking there butt to court. It will allow you an extra cushion of protection and evidence in case you do have to take someone to court

I would  go rip her signs off her windows but thats just me.

If you don't already I would suggest a work order release form drawn up for each job and make the customer sign the approval and also make mention of non payment will result in taking there butt to court. It will allow you an extra cushion of protection and evidence in case you do have to take someone to court

I would  go rip her signs off her windows but thats just me.

100% in agreement here! Go take the lettering OFF! She tried to rip you off and succeeded. Teach her a lesson even if it costs you. She wrote you a bad check and stopped payment so you couldn't come after her.

People like her are thieves,pure and simple.

Of course,you could always make a sign that says " I made a sign for this shop,she approved,and refused to pay"...tape it around your neck and walk up and down the sidewalk for a few hours. I would do exactly that,and actually have.

Of course,you could always make a sign that says " I made a sign for this shop,she approved,and refused to pay"...tape it around your neck and walk up and down the sidewalk for a few hours. I would do exactly that,and actually have.

I like the way you think John.

I like the way you think John.

I hate dishonest people. I've never cheated anyone.

In his last film ( The Shootist) John Wayne's credo was:

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

That's my credo too.

Cool Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup:

I have been trying to contact her to see how to collect, but she will not answer her phone.

I am going to her store tomorrow to take back my vinyl

good for you! If you let her get by with this, word will get around that you are an easy mark.

I bet she would rather pay for colors she ended up ont liking than not have anything on her windows... Out of curiosity how did she pick out the colors, are they not the right shade or something?

Yes agree with you Bannerjohn!

It just pisses me off a really difficult sign to do. 6 colors three color overlay lettering!

I should put up a poll who thinks it will come down quicker than it went up lol.

She went off of her card. Plum purple background, white, then manila lettering.

Yes agree with you Bannerjohn!

It just pisses me off a really difficult sign to do. 6 colors three color overlay lettering!

I should put up a poll who thinks it will come down quicker than it went up lol.

I'd even take my dog and let him pee on her front door.

You did a great job!  Not sure what she is upset about...as it looks fine to me.

she wasn't upset...she stopped the chack because she didn't have the money to cover it and didn't want to be charged with writing a bad check.

Happy you gave us not only the phone number but the website as well. If I was a mean person, I'd take it down. (.org is supposed to be reserved for non-profit anyway)

Guest sciondrgn

Ohh lets spam her email  :thumbsup:

Massive DNS flooding I smell...    popcorn.gif

(.org is supposed to be reserved for non-profit anyway)

It used to be that way.  It's use is open at this point.  But it's not a very good domain to use for "for-profit" business because it is still perceived as intended for non-profit orgs.

Guest sciondrgn

Ohh! bring someone with you and film the destruction of the sign.. I see a great youtube video being made out of that

It is a good policy to take CASH ONLY from someone you don't know.

the thing is that if she didnt have teh money to pay im sure something could have been worked out.  BTW i think u did a great job!!!

Thanks all for the compliments! Yes I should u tube it, and yes something could have been worked out, wife is seven months pregnant and we could use baby stuff or just take it as payment so i get something.