Sign in to follow this  
gm2k8

what kind of App Tape do you use?

ok.. new to the whole App Tape and stuff.. well hell im new.. so i did some research and i got a few rolls of LB 6000 from signwarehouse so i just got a roll of RTAPE STD PREMASK 12 X 100YDS.. well.. i dunno if im doing something wrong.. but it doesn't seem to stick well to the backing of vinyl when i put it on there.. it curls up on the corners.. i dunno if this is gonna work.. i cant hand customers stickers and the ends are curling up.. doesn't looks professional..

any ideas?

what do you use?

i need something better then this..

in vinyl i have a mix and different types

but for your qwest in my epinoin is oracal agin

they thve this app like a net in it ,not smoot & very soft

If you're gonna be handing decals to customers, use clear. It looks good and doesnt curl, but sometimes is harder to apply with. If they have too much trouble applying they'll come back to you and pay your labor charge.

It will curl. The masking is made to let go of the backing.

You can use a higher tack masking.

So this would be perfect for a guy that wanted stencils but needs less tackiness???

Anakin (gm2k8)

Are you just laying the tape on the decal or are you squeeging it? You need to use a squeegee or a credit card and pass it over the whole thing. My tape used to do that, but it was because I wasnt doing this well.

Joe

Anakin (gm2k8)

Are you just laying the tape on the decal or are you squeeging it? You need to use a squeegee or a credit card and pass it over the whole thing. My tape used to do that, but it was because I wasnt doing this well.

Joe

yes master?  well.. i use a cd-rom to press it down and smooth it out.. however.. i need to get me some squeegees.. maybe you are on to something..

yes - how exactly are you applying your app tape? I've seen it done a 1000000 diff ways. some use a spare laminator, some use another roll against your app tape and roll it out. I use a pre-mask applicator mounted on my weeding table at one end, you simply roll the tape out over-top of your decal and squeegee it on. fo handed out decals though, its gotta be clear.

I know that I posted something like this before, but can't find the original thread.

I use Oracal MT72 app tape. I can't say that I really like it, but it's the cheapest tape I can find here, and even that's pretty over priced.

I was told that if you didn't want the edges to curl up, to over cut the app tape and fold it back over the backing edge, or use scotch tape to tape the corners down.

That wasn't the answer that I was looking for, but it's one that I can live with.

Good luck!

another gooood option is a very thick app tape called here 155

it is so thick that it remaind a linoleom  but if u use it u have a bubel free garentee

it is so thick that it remaind a linoleom  but if u use it u have a bubel free garentee

and u can recycel it and work white it again

I have tried alot of different products and now I only use....

R-Tape Conform w/RLA as my standard premask  and on all RTA jobs and

R-Tape Conform clear on inhouse layering jobs. I never give clear to a customer. Just less hassle in my opinion.

Ask yourself this question: Is it

and u can recycel it and work white it again

Engrish ?

dummy here again ;D what is R T A?

That is super secret sign speak for : Ready to apply  :huh:

Jon

I have tried alot of different products and now I only use....

R-Tape Conform w/RLA as my standard premask  and on all RTA jobs and

R-Tape Conform clear on inhouse layering jobs. I never give clear to a customer. Just less hassle in my opinion.

Ask yourself this question: Is it