nonabelle

" THE RANT!"

Guest TracMatt

Okay thanks Five.  I got you loud and clear.

Thanks for the information.  I really like heaven and I really like summer LOL.

Tracee

How much graphic knowledge should you need to be working with Flexi?? I mean is it difficult to learn, say if you work with SB?  Cause I know SB...thanks

For me,Flexi was easier to learn than SB...bear in mind that Flexi lacks a few features that SB has...the starter version, I mean. You can't do shadowing, vectorizing,or text arc,or outlines.. But you can do these things in Inkscape and import esily into Flexi.

By the same token...in Flexi,it is much easier to manipulate and move text...the panel feature is MUCH better than SB...

Thanks John, when I can I'm going to check into purchasing it!!

Jenny

Guest TracMatt

Can you do these things in the dongle version John?

T..

Can you do these things in the dongle version John?

T..

no,the dongle version is still Flexi starter...you can just nstall on more than one computer and take the dongle with you from comp to comp.

You need the pro version to do all of that. But I operated a full time sign biz for 2 years with no more than Flexi-Starter and Inkscape. And FYI.. I find that inkscape does a better job of Vectorizing than Flexi Pro anyway.

Guest TracMatt

Okay thanks John.  I appreciate the information.  It helps make the decision easier.

Tracee

Originally I was trained to use Gerber composer over 20 years ago. Since then It's been upgraded to Omega. Now I have two shops I do work for and the first has Omega 2.6 and the second has Flexi Pro 8.5. I admit that Flexi is becoming my favorite. It really doesn't matter what software your using as long as it does the job!!!

Five,

Which versions are you comparing? SBE to Starter and SB Pro to Flexi Pro?

Thanks

Guest fivestar

Five,

Which versions are you comparing? SBE to Starter and SB Pro to Flexi Pro?

Thanks

SB pro to Flexi Pro

So was it ever determined just how long the special for Flexi will be offered?  Due to cutter issues early on, I never registered my copy of SB trial (aka Elements) until it was too late (Doh!), Now am stuck with the trial version which has been fairly stable for me.

I have to decide what to spend money on: vinyl or software, and when.  Sigh-

- K

does anyone know if you can contour cut on the lp with flexi thats the only reason i'm liking sbe right now because i just got it contour cutting YEAH  :huh: and my sb has been fine and i only have 128 mb of ram "yes i need a new comp badly"

I've sent Ken 2 request to purchase the flexi mentioned without a reply - has everyone lese got thru?

IF anybody doesn't qualify for the special deal USCutter is offering ( $90 ) , they sell it on e-bay with a " buy it now " price of $99 with free shipping  .

regards , Rodger

does anyone know if you can contour cut on the lp with flexi thats the only reason i'm liking sbe right now because i just got it contour cutting YEAH  ;) and my sb has been fine and i only have 128 mb of ram "yes i need a new comp badly"

Do you mind posting the way you contour cut for the LP24? Are you using SBE?

I've sent Ken 2 request to purchase the flexi mentioned without a reply - has everyone lese got thru?

Sorry, I will try and get to most of my PMs today. I have been trying to reach a goal of getting to the returned units in a timely manner, as alot of them have gone without attention for longer than we would like. This means less time on the fourm, phones, email, etc.

i would like to add. i joined forum around the time jerry passed on, and i can see he was the driving force behind signblazer,and this forum. although i never interacted with him i also miss him helping others.he was indeed an icon.

that being said, the peeps in this forum (and the t-shirt forum) are the most helpful lot i have ever been in contact with. (ANY NEWBIES READING THIS TAKE NOTE!! YOU WILL NOT FIND MORE HELPFUL PEOPLE ON ANY FORUM.) i know cos i have been to them all.

regards duke 

P.S. how long is the offer on flexi starter good for?

i would like to add. i joined forum around the time jerry passed on, and i can see he was the driving force behind signblazer,and this forum. although i never interacted with him i also miss him helping others.he was indeed an icon.

that being said, the peeps in this forum (and the t-shirt forum) are the most helpful lot i have ever been in contact with. (ANY NEWBIES READING THIS TAKE NOTE!! YOU WILL NOT FIND MORE HELPFUL PEOPLE ON ANY FORUM.) i know cos i have been to them all.

regards duke 

P.S. how long is the offer on flexi starter good for?

Not sure how long the offer will be available.......that is up to Marcus.