Sign in to follow this  
BannerJohn

anyone hear from Ken today?

Guest fivestar

If the check engine light is on there it's NOT a serious problem.  If it is still running fine, don't worry about it.  It's probably either oxygen sensor or gas cap right on correctly or you put gas in it with it running.  Those are normally the ones that makes the light come on when it is still running good.

Yea, Grease Monkey did a full service oil change yesterday before I brought it to a friends shop, and they mentioned the gas cap as well.

If it still has four wheels, and isn't making a LOUD ticking noise while at idle... drive it like you stole it!  :thumbsup:

The check engine light isnt a big deal, if it starts blinking then worry about it

WHY?

The check engine light isnt a big deal, if it starts blinking then worry about it

Is that particular to Dodge makes?

check engine lights are usually an emissions related problem, If it starts to blink that means its doing catalyst damage. I run an automotive shop in AZ and here you cant forget about them because the state will fail you if your check engine light is on when emissions time rolls around each year

Advance Auto & Auto Zone does a free diagnostic & resets the check engine lights here in Md . I have a 98 Mazda Protege . supposed to get mid 30's mpg . The check engine light has been on & it gets 47 mpg on the road  :thumbsup: I'm not letting anybody touch it . It's been like that for a year & no holes in the piston from being too lean . Wish i knew how to replicate whatever the issue is :thumbsup:

Rodger

Guest fivestar

Advance Auto & Auto Zone does a free diagnostic & resets the check engine lights here in Md . I have a 98 Mazda Protege . supposed to get mid 30's mpg . The check engine light has been on & it gets 47 mpg on the road  :thumbsup: I'm not letting anybody touch it . It's been like that for a year & no holes in the piston from being too lean . Wish i knew how to replicate whatever the issue is :thumbsup:

Rodger

Auto Zone is not supposed to clear the light as it is company policy not to.  The reason being is if you did have a problem and was going to go straight and trade it in.  But they do it anyways ;D 

Guest kenya

If the check engine light is on there it's NOT a serious problem.  If it is still running fine, don't worry about it.  It's probably either oxygen sensor or gas cap right on correctly or you put gas in it with it running.  Those are normally the ones that makes the light come on when it is still running good.

Five, same thing on my Chevy Silverado....... gas cap.

All I could think about was that it was going to cost hundreds of dollars..... whew what a relief!