Sign in to follow this  
BannerJohn

anyone hear from Ken today?

Don't know look at his profile and see when he was last active

yesterday...that's why I was asking if anyone had heard from him. I know he hasn't been on the forums today.

Thanks for the info. I worry when I don't see him on. He has been sick a few times this year.

orrrrr. . . Maybe I can get some questions answered and get a working cutter!! that would be fun

there are plenty of people on these forums besides Ken who might help you...but I can tell you from experience..it's all in how you ask. If you have replaced the notherboard and that didn't fix the problem...it could very well be that the problem isn't mechanical at all. I've seen it a bunch of times.

ive got a pretty good outline of my trouble shooting in my post - i believe you posted there last week.  I'm open to any suggestion!

PM Tykite..he has volunteered to do a phone walk-through before. Unless you were unlucky enough to get TWO bad motherboards, I can't see how it could be anything other than a settings issue,somewhere.

Guest fivestar

Hey now, my dog is cuter.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)  Elite link me to your post.  I can't remember it.  I'll try to help you if I can. 

Hey now, my dog is cuter.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)  Elite link me to your post.  I can't remember it.  I'll try to help you if I can. 

I refute 'cuter'...but he's all yours Five...I'm off to bed.

I am here.

Needed yesterday off to address the Check Engine light that came on when I was driving to work Monday. Also the mother was coming in to town and the g/f was leaving for Disenyland, so I had to watch the kid while she got packed, then run them to the airport.....was a busy day. Everyone made their destinations safe and on time, but still waiting to hear about the vehical.

:thumbsup:

how many miles? I had a Mazda once...the light came on about once a year. My mechanic told me that it would automatically come on at every 20,000 miles or so. he just reached up under the dash board and reset it. I started watching,and sure enough....whenever it came on, I had just turned over the right mileage.

Good to know you are ok.

Yeah, our van does that too.  The light makes it seem like there is an engine problem...but it forces you to go in to have it checked on regular mileage intervals (preventative maintenance).

Yeah, our van does that too.  The light makes it seem like there is an engine problem...but it forces you to go in to have it checked on regular mileage intervals (preventative maintenance).

preventive maintenance= more profit for the dealership. They don't make thier money selling cars.

how many miles? I had a Mazda once...the light came on about once a year. My mechanic told me that it would automatically come on at every 20,000 miles or so. he just reached up under the dash board and reset it. I started watching,and sure enough....whenever it came on, I had just turned over the right mileage.

Good to know you are ok.

About 160k on the Dodge. '95 Intrepid. It is a bucket, but the A/C still blows like ice, and it still has some get up and go in her. I am hoping it is just what you two described.

Believe it or not, my check engine light has been on for over a year. Still runs, so it must not be something serious :thumbsup:

Believe it or not, my check engine light has been on for over a year. Still runs, so it must not be something serious :thumbsup:

take it to a good mechanic and just ask him to reset it. Or use what Click and Clack (Tom and Ray on NPR's Car Talk) suggest..black tape to cover it up.

It is weird, because it will come on, but then the next time I start it up, it will not be on. Then it comes back on after driving a while. Blah....