patricel67

pcut 630 creation tool carrier won't drop blade to cut, goes through cut motion

I have had my cutter for 6 months and have loved it. But I am having an issue now and have lots of work to do, but I can't because my blade won't drop down to cut the vinyl. When I send the project from my signblazer to the cutter, it goes through the motions of cutting the vinyl but the blade won't drop to cut.  HELP!!!!!!

I just took the cover off the carriage and the wires look to be ok. I very gently tug on them and they seem to be secure.  Any other ideas?....

I tried to cut again and the cutter is going through the motion of cutting the vinyl but the blade still does not drop to cut. On the control panel it says waiting in the LCD screen...

Any HELP!! PLEASE

I turned it off and unpluged it for more than five minutes and it is still not lowering the blade. I am using a serial port and the program is signblazer.

everything looks normal just like the photo's posted and still no dropping of the blade. tried test cuts, turning off for over 5 minutes a couple of times. unplugged, plugged back in, disconnected serial cable during test cut. any more suggestions?? any reason to check motherboard since it was working fine and all of the sudden quit working?

A customer posted something the other day about this, and the resolution was re-mounting the rod that connects the carriage arm to the magnetic solenoid- something like that. Take the cover off of the carriage and press up and down on the carriage arm to see if it connected.

Does it do the same when you try to do the test cut from the cutter itself?

Might need a new carriage. Seems you have exhausted all possibilities, so I am leaning towards a hardware issue.

I agree. Since it is going through the motions of cutting, apparently the motherboard is sending the signal.

If you bought it from USCutter- call us so we can go over the replacement options. 425-481-3555

i had similar problem .i took blade holder out to adjust blade depth for a thicker vinyl,  and it still would not cut. after about an hour fiddling with pressure etc; i realised i had put the holder back in the front hole instead of the back hole :) LOL.

regards duke

Sorry, but this issue has to do with the blade holder not dropping down to cut at all. It is a problem with the carriage..

But thanks for your reply

hi

I know this is late but did you check the pressure settings?

my blade won't move unless the pressure is over 80, I have since moved up to 110.

hope this helps