coateslr

PVC T-Shirt Vinyl by Hot Fix Films

Has anyone ever tried PVC T-Shirt Vinyl by Hot Fix Films from Specialty Graphics.  How does it hold up? Can you cut and weed small letters and graphics?  Thanks!

I haven't tried it.  Will they send you a sample so you can try it out??

I haven't tried it.  Will they send you a sample so you can try it out??

[/quote

jenny? seriously, remember rodger from the tshirt forum that joined here for awhile and was sending samples. well that's what he sales.

Seems like no one has tried it, since there aren't much responses.  I was trying to find some cheaper vinyl that held up and weeded pretty decently that is 19" to 20" wide.

for real, well i did. baby no maam. not on the pvc unless they have recently improved it. now they have top of the line glitter vinyl, i mean the best on the market from what i have seen.

Guest fivestar

I was a tester for him when he was first starting to sell it and I'm sorry Roger but I didn't like it.  Basically I thought it was junk.  Now he does have some sweet glitter vinyl though.

Guest fivestar

Sheila you type too fast.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D

Thats ok Dave,,, its not for everyone,,, I do sell a lot to people who like the screen print feel,, but the glitter and metallic can't be beat,, rumor has it that I am going to be offering a vinyl film (the same manufacturer as multi cut) same product in the near future.

oh and by the way do to the huge demand for samples I don't offer them for free anymore,,,, it was driving me to the poor house,, you could imagine 30 to 50 sample packs a week ,,, thats like $100 dollars a week put out in samples so you now can buy by the foot.

Roger

Guest fivestar

Thats ok Dave,,, its not for everyone,,, I do sell a lot to people who like the screen print feel,, but the glitter and metallic can't be beat,, rumor has it that I am going to be offering a vinyl film (the same manufacturer as multi cut) same product in the near future.

oh and by the way do to the huge demand for samples I don't offer them for free anymore,,,, it was driving me to the poor house,, you could imagine 30 to 50 sample packs a week ,,, thats like $100 dollars a week put out in samples so you now can buy by the foot.

Roger

Roger that's excellent news.  Please keep me informed on when you get that product, oh and I hope it's 20" width :thumbsup:

Hello,

I am new to all of this and was thinking of buying some of this PVC vinyl to try for starting out.  When it says "PVC" what is that saying exactly? Are not all the standard vinyls PVC :lol:?? For me just starting out and testing the waters -is this product at least durable and somewhat easy to work with?  I guess for the price it is nice but if it does not stand up to washing and use then I will stay clear of it. Any input B)??

Thanks

russdabuss.. We carry the PVC by Hot Fix Films.. it's very popular.. alot of people like it b/c it has a feel to it.. which also gives it that higher quality appearance than the thinner films that look/feel like screen printing.. higher quality = $ value.. it layers beautifully.. I will say for very large designs on tee shirts is can get a bit uncomfortable as it will have a little weight to it and you will feel it's there.. no problems with small designs either.. we find weeding it is easy too.. I've attached a couple pics of a design we just did(look at the small laces on the football).. The Holographic is HFF too.. Suzanne

post-2546-1298652685702_thumb.jpg

post-2546-12986526857524_thumb.jpg

post-2546-12986526858854_thumb.jpg

post-2546-12986526875277_thumb.jpg

post-2546-12986526875644_thumb.jpg

post-2546-1298652687601_thumb.jpg

Thanks Suzzane for the reply!! :thumbsup: That looks good.

I have been playing around with the Hot Fix PVC.  So far I kind of like it.  I have not used much other so dont have much to compare to.I do have some EasyWeed I am going to try soon..

A couple things I am wondering.

-When I cut it being it is 20" and thicker (thick backing as well)- I have noticed that some of my designs have had cuts where I do not want them. I have a roller on each end to hold it.  Do you use one in the middle?  I think being it kind of bows up in the middle, the cutter is dragging across at times and cutting in the high spots.? When pressed it is not noticable but should not be.  Have you had this problem?

-Please see my pics- The design seems kind of wavy.  I have washed the shirt a few times.  Not sure if it is the shirt or the vinyl causing it. Did I press too long??

-Also, do you follow the times exactly when pressing?? I pre-pressed for 3 seconds, pressed for 12 seconds, and then again for 3 seconds. 320 degrees. For this 2 color, I pressed the red for 2 seconds first.

-Finally, for the 2 color vinyl, the red was placed first, then the black.  You can see the backer edge in each corner.  What did I do wrong?  Should I not have had the black backer cover the red when pressing?  Not sure!!  :thumbsup:

I know the pic is a TV show.  Not selling the shirt!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks for any replys!!

post-3214-12986526995921_thumb.jpg

post-3214-12986526996406_thumb.jpg

post-3214-12986526997103_thumb.jpg

post-3214-12986527008487_thumb.jpg

post-3214-12986527008858_thumb.jpg

post-3214-12986527009222_thumb.jpg