RegisG

-How to- Vertical Text

Someone asked for vertical text a few weeks ago and I came across this today.  I was trying to do a vertical banner and found I can do nice vertical text in MS Word using WordArt.   So, I pasted into Corel for the first sample and pasted into SBE (2nd example) and it worked just fine also.

Hope some can use this...works for me! 

post-2608-12986522607679_thumb.jpg

post-2608-12986522608345_thumb.jpg

post-2608-12986522617955_thumb.jpg

post-2608-12986522618248_thumb.jpg

Guest Schramm

If you use Corel Draw X3 you can do verticals without hesitation, simply type the word and in about 3 clicks you are done!!!

I wanted to tell you that I bought CorelDraw X3 Graphics Suite for $85 brand new on ebay 8 weeks ago, what a deal!!!

I do it the old fashion way: I type a letter>click enter>letter>click enter>letter>click enter

J

o

e

LOL Joe, I do most of my verticals that exact same way!!  :thumbsup:

Guest fivestar

Joe that's how I do it too.  Schramm I'd like to know your way of doing it in Corel Draw.

If you use Corel Draw X3 you can do verticals without hesitation, simply type the word and in about 3 clicks you are done!!!

I wanted to tell you that I bought CorelDraw X3 Graphics Suite for $85 brand new on ebay 8 weeks ago, what a deal!!!

I've been using Corel 12 since it came out and just bought X3 (same $85 deal) a couple weeks ago.  It is sitting in my desk drawer.  After loading InkScape, I didn't even bother to load X3.   Now, you just gave me a reason to load it. 

Thank you

Regis

If you are using SignBlazer.  Type it the old fashion way... Letter....enter....letter....enter.

Select the text and click on "node edit".  You can adjust the spacing by dragging the text vertical or horizontal using the black buttons at the bottom.  You can also drag the letters individually by dragging on the nodes on the left side of the letters if you want to create a wavy effect.

Letter>enter>letter>enter...Then align text center. Easy as 3.14!

Also, all caps usually looks better vertically.

If you are using SignBlazer.  Type it the old fashion way... Letter....enter....letter....enter.

Select the text and click on "node edit".  You can adjust the spacing by dragging the text vertical or horizontal using the black buttons at the bottom.  You can also drag the letters individually by dragging on the nodes on the left side of the letters if you want to create a wavy effect.

I know this is an old topic, just wanted to add a little something for those that may be 'searching' for this subject.  Thanks for all the tips everyone, I found too that once you have your vertical strip of text by doing the Letter....enter....letter....enter thing, you can then select all (Ctrl + A) and click on 'text' at the top of the screen, 'split lines', then click on 'arrange', alignment'.

Once you are in the 'alignment' box, you want it to 'align to=sign center', vertical=none, and horizontal=center

Hope that helps someone in the future.  I am new too and just learning so thought I'd share something little that I could:)

Sunny