Guest Schramm

I use my plotter/cutter for furniture design and more - Pics of work

Guest Schramm

I really per say am not a sign company.  I do window signage, gold leafing, mirror antiquing and custom designs on furniture for a living.  I play around with window lettering when asked to and do stuff for some schools and Churches when they need stuff done but mostly furniture and single use stencils.  Below is a couple of pics of my desk that I designed and finished just so you can get a better understanding of what I do.

desk1_302.jpg

desk3_681.jpg

Next desk make over...

bSp15fzy5T-eHjCY5YW8qOezMKX45_jZ.jpg

W7XQxzJM5z917wn9x62dB7o2I2nzdZt0.jpg

0dKBEwth5j9OSpzm-ZWPzpa5oTFaIQUP.jpg

5Pl0xfCLwT9G6Tb19qxL5ym-CjnbtAPA.jpg

pAI2p6lD1z8GEX6PT2ji0mn2RB66E8lU.jpg

Guest Schramm

In the first one with the silver I simply applied a single use stencil with the design weeded onto the desk top and used a size (like gilding size) and then applied metallic foil.

On the 2nd desk I have a picture showing how I layed it on and then I troweled plaster (decoartive) over the top and then pulled out the vinyl.  Then I stained the top to make it look like tooled leather.

thats really interesting.. it seems the possibilities with a vinyl cutter are diverse as we are as individuals.. nice work.. thanks for posting..

Very nice.  Artists have unique ways to bring-out or expand a tool's function.  Thank you for sharing.

Guest Schramm

Here I want to really open your eyes to the possibilities...

Check out www.modellodesigns.com

Your little plotter/cutter can produce art protective films for:

Sandblasters

Furniture Designers

Cabinet Makers

Restoration carpenters

Painters

Faux Finishers

Just to name a few, thinking outside the box...

Here I want to really open your eyes to the possibilities...

Check out www.modellodesigns.com

Your little plotter/cutter can produce art protective films for:

Sandblasters

Furniture Designers

Cabinet Makers

Restoration carpenters

Painters

Faux Finishers

Just to name a few, thinking outside the box...

yes sir.. the possibilities are endless.. hmm.. i have so many ideas in my head already.. this is going to add to the mix.. the only thing that holds me back is finding time to try all my ideas :lol:

thanks for posting the link.. am checking it out

Dave

Guest Schramm

Here is some of my sandblasted samples that I show customers:

etchedwood_189.jpg

etchedmarble_121.jpg

etchedterracotta_796.jpg

Wood - Marble and Terra Cotta

Guest Schramm

Here is a game room that I completed about 2 months ago, the lettering shown below is on a transom window that leads in from a awsome pool area to the bar/gameroom.

The interior of the game room is all fake!!!  I distressed and woodgrained all the woodwork throughout the room (actually the house) so everything from the floor to ceiling looks like very old wood but it is not.  The walls have a faux leather in green and the ceiling is a gilded Armstrong fiber ceiling tile done up to look like a very old tin ceiling!

pub_sign_after_167.jpg

pub_interior_1_107.jpg

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW GERGOUSE AWSOME

I TO HAVE A SAND BLAST CABINET AND PRESSURE POT BUT GOSH ALL THESE THINGS I HAVE IN MY HEAD TRIING TO DO AND ALSO FIGURE OUT HOW TO DO I JUST DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME IN A 24 HOUR DAY

VERY VERY NICE WORK WELL BETTER YET VERY BEAUTIFUL WORK 

Guest Schramm

Thanks all, I really spend a lot of my time on a piece of furniture looking at what it could be but taking that a step farther by looking at its style and making it either look very close to what it would like (style and age) or completely on the other side which is just FUNKY and fun!  The plotter makes me look much smarter than I am and the design software allow me to tile projects so there is nothing too big.  With a little patients and a little practice each one of you could do this maybe not fauxed but defenatly tricked out with paint and designs.

Right now I am looking for a large antique dresser as I want to do skull shadows in luminus paint which looks tone on tone in the light by in the dark with a black light looks like floating skulls.  I know how to do the process but just have not found the right piece yet.

got any tips on painting pearlescent ghost flames?

bb

Guest Schramm

Pearl flames are a little easier then you may think as pearl is a clear coat with pearl mica flakes so you can layout your template of the flames and then spray paint the area with the pearl paint and you are done.  Keep in mind that if you want the area a different color then the rest and you want it pearl you will need to spray that color first after you lay the vinyl. 

Personally I love Black paint with blue pearl flames!!!  The flames change colors.  Paint can be bought at car places like Auto Zone.

Guest Schramm

These are some of my furniture samples that I show clients.  To give you some ideas of what else you can do with your plotter take a look at the bottom left piece of trim.  That is a piece of 5.5" MDF trim that has been stained light, then I applied a border scroll that I pulled off of istockphoto and then stained a darker color over the top and then pulled the stencil.  I just sold a job in Illinois in 1000 lin feet of crown.

By the way I am leaving Florida at the end of August to move back to Illinois!!!  Cant wait to freeze my butt off!

post-0-12986522762809_thumb.jpg

post-0-1298652277639_thumb.jpg

Guest fivestar

Schramm another excellent job and great way to utilize your cutter.