Sign in to follow this  
signme

Advertising

Get a good looking business and get into the hands of the people who buy signs.  I put my card in any restaurant that has a place to put your business card.  If you check out books at the libary, use your card for a place marker and leave it in the book when you check it back in.  When you go to the Doctor or Dentist or Barber Shop put a card in every magazine in the place.  You never know when a card will get into the hands of the person who needs a sign.  Good Luck.

Many years ago I threw away some $$'s on newspaper ads.  Newspapers are good for business that put the large sale enclosures or regularly place large ads in relevent sections.  Either of those is very expensive.  craigslist is probably as effective as small ad in newspaper.

Of course, you could always use a "SIGN" for advertising.. :lol:

Best of luck as I am struggling with some of the same startup issues right now too.

Regis

Your vehicle. If you don't advertise on your vehicle you need to start because how else can you afford a moving billboard that potentially thousands will see.

WOM,. Facebook, Craigslist, making signs/decals to give away.

WoW, there was no mention of craigslist. So why bring it up in reply? Craigslist is not designed for advertising a sign shop.

On the other hand, Facebook can be used efficiently, if you understand how.

It is not a sales site, it's a social media networking enterprise, which provides various methods to connect with your current accounts and potential future clients.

Facebook is content-driven. In other words, YOU get to create the content, and that spreads outwards to those who are interested. That can include seasonal specials & coupons, videos and photos, tips and tricks, and links to other media and websites.

I don't "sell" specific products on Facebook.

I sell myself and promote my business, and encourage people to contact me and place their money in my hands.

I see ads quite frequently on craigslist marketing design and vinyl work. Any advertising is good advertising. 

Your vehicle. If you don't advertise on your vehicle you need to start because how else can you afford a moving billboard that potentially thousands will see.

I saw a slogan years ago before i ever thought about being in the sign business i forget if it was in Florida or Virginia but ...it said a business with no sign is a sign of no business.

• Like 1

I see people around here letter up vans and park them in Walmart parking lot all day. Now that's a lot of exposure.

• Like 1

Personally, I'm a huge

CHEAP SIGNS

fan of subliminal

MADE HERE

advertising.  It has 

OUR SIGNS

worked really well

ARE LOW FAT

for me.

& ZERO CALORIES

• Like 3

I see ads quite frequently on craigslist marketing design and vinyl work. Any advertising is good advertising. 

In what category?

Here is one that I just flagged as Spam -- 

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/fod/4092024560.html

and another one, flagged, miscategorized  (He is not an owner of some Commercial materials that he is selling -- the category he's posting in is not for Spammy Advertising like he's doing)

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/bfs/4014233643.html

WoW, there was no mention of craigslist. So why bring it up in reply? Craigslist is not designed for advertising a sign shop.

On the other hand, Facebook can be used efficiently, if you understand how.

It is not a sales site, it's a social media networking enterprise, which provides various methods to connect with your current accounts and potential future clients.

Facebook is content-driven. In other words, YOU get to create the content, and that spreads outwards to those who are interested. That can include seasonal specials & coupons, videos and photos, tips and tricks, and links to other media and websites.

I don't "sell" specific products on Facebook.

I sell myself and promote my business, and encourage people to contact me and place their money in my hands.

Craigslist is a good place to advertise, I get a lot of business.

Ecwid offers an app you can sell items on a facebook page directly.

In what category?

Here is one that I just flagged as Spam -- 

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/fod/4092024560.html

and another one, flagged, miscategorized  (He is not an owner of some Commercial materials that he is selling -- the category he's posting in is not for Spammy Advertising like he's doing)

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/bfs/4014233643.html

Just because they're thinking outside the box you're gonna flag em? Guess they were a threat to business or something. I personally feel it lowers me to their level when I do things like that.

Looks good to me and actually helps me out because I've been thinking about hitting CL and all the local ads I've seen were really unappealing. Yours gives me something to think about as long as somebody doesn't flag your listing like it seems others like to do. 

Looks good to me and actually helps me out because I've been thinking about hitting CL and all the local ads I've seen were really unappealing. Yours gives me something to think about as long as somebody doesn't flag your listing like it seems others like to do. 

It is perfectly legitimate to flag miscategorized ads (in the For Sale- Business section, which is the wrong place)

You claim (incorrectly) that the ads I posted earlier were just guys "thinking outside the box" when in fact they were violating the way that craigslist is designed to function.

Craigslist has rules, follow them, or expect your fellow community members to make you go away (by flagging or reporting to Abuse/Admin.)

I know that many people feel the rules don't apply to them, but the nice thing about craigslist is the opportunity to take down such people.

And where would the world be without Slice policing Craigslist? It would be anarchy

• Like 2

It's fine.

Properly categorized.

Are you getting any calls?

I just put it up last night..

that photo i made.. i printed up on a few sheets of paper i'm going to go hang up in the local store's.. around here i live in a small town ..