Sign in to follow this  
WorkingArtist

Yet Another Importing Question

Hello, I realize this question has been posted here many times in one way or another but I need to ask it again.

I am new to working with the LaserPoint cutter and Sign Blazer software but seem to have a reasonable grasp on the basics. Outside of this most of my graphics experience has been with Adobe - and I have had quite a bit of experience.

I have tried repeatedly importing my custom designs from Illustrator as eps. files with maddeningly negative results. At this point I'm only working with relatively simple one color designs.

Usually what happens is after importing an image the screen shows it only as a big black block. I have deleted sections of these blocks and revealed my original design and text which I then rasterized. But attempting to cut the design results in the image not showing up on the cutting screen then vanishing from the design screen.

I have devoted endless hours to this problem and followed the instruction posted by others here in this forum but have yet to figure this out. Am I completely missing something?

Help,

Dylan

Ithink the one thing you are overlooking is that all parts of the design have to be combined

i had a similiar experience.. i imported a design and then added text.. and sent to cutter and on the cutter screen my image was gone.. only the text.. so i cut it anyways.. and all i got was text.. so i thought about it for a second.. went thru some of the settings.. and tried the 'weld together' option.. sent to cutter.. on that screen it finally showed my image too.. cut it.. came out perfect.. try the weld together option and see if it will work for you