gm2k8

first order

well.. yesterday i had time to test with pen.. today i made this real quick between customers and cut it. the first time i cut it i started to weed and it didnt look like it cut all the way thru the vinyl.. even though my test square cut fine.. so i redid the blade height and pressure and did another test run.. cut 3 side by side.. few customers wanted me to do some of these for them.. so why not test run :thumbsup:  they are in white vinyl with R-tape so with flash couldnt see them at all.. held it in front of lamp.. no flash.. not perfectly sharp as was handheld with digital camera but you get the idea..

110jc04.jpg

You journey is just beginning my young padawan... :thumbsup:

thanks for all the comments... more is definately coming.. its funny cause my wife is 9 months pregnant so im picking her up at work.. so like the whole time im on my commute to pick her up.. i kept thinking of ideas that i could do.. this is awesome.. i want to make enough $ to pay for the cutter.. then buy a heat press.. then get my t-shirts going.. i gotta order some coroplast so i can make some signs to advertise

i have one question though.. has anyone had a problem where the vinyl starts to feed down where its going to go past the front of the cutter but it hangs on a small lip at the bottom.. i guess from the vinyl coming off the roll it still has that curve and when it goes down near the front it slips in a small lip/slot and then starts to bind.. i didnt see it mess with the cutter but i dont think it should bind there.. so i took some masking tape and taped across the front and now it goes right past the lip.. below is a pic of the lip im talking about..

1q5r42.jpg

i have one question though.. has anyone had a problem where the vinyl starts to feed down where its going to go past the front of the cutter but it hangs on a small lip at the bottom.. so i took some masking tape and taped the front and now it goes right past.. i will post a pic with arrows to show where im talking about.. 

I have the exact same problem!!! :thumbsup: I did the same thing with some vinyl but then my stupid butt cut right through it cutting my decals...duh :- I have had it mess up a couple decals because the blade doesn't contact properly but what you did takes care of it!

I have the exact same problem!!! :thumbsup: I did the same thing with some vinyl but then my stupid butt cut right through it cutting my decals...duh :- I have had it mess up a couple decals because the blade doesn't contact properly but what you did takes care of it!

ok.. so im not the only one.. well tape across the front to fill that 'gap' did the trick..

Yes

I did the very same thing as you did with tape :thumbsup:

Dave

DaveS.. everytime i see your name.. i have to take a double-take.. because my real name is Dave S. lol

Dave

I had the same problem.... I finally did the tape thing too.

Works great now...

[1q5r42.jpg

This was happening on my pcut as well... I just put a long piece of masking over the opening, doesn't look the greatest, but seems to be effective.

I saw on another website that sells the pcut under their name, says that's an "added feature". Something about you can use to cut your vinyl off with. Just place the blade tip in the groove, and the slide it along the vinyl.

Yeah it's an added pita, lol gets on my nerves, thats for sure.

yah. i just put a long strip of masking tape over that gap.. works fine now :lol: got a few more designs im working on for my unborn son.. i will cut them on monday and post some pics..

[1q5r42.jpg

This was happening on my pcut as well... I just put a long piece of masking over the opening, doesn't look the greatest, but seems to be effective.

I saw on another website that sells the pcut under their name, says that's an "added feature". Something about you can use to cut your vinyl off with. Just place the blade tip in the groove, and the slide it along the vinyl.

Black electrical tape, or vinyl, might blend in with the frame better.

:lol: