Sign in to follow this  
gogetemgraphix

HELP!!!!!!

i am having problems cutting 72" lenght graphics with the height at 18.668 from eps files. it will cut the bottom part of the graphic just fine but when it goes to cut the top half it will start it then go diagonally off the vinyl wasting all that vinyl. it cuts smaller ones ok and lettering. i am supposed to do two police cars this weekend and i can't get this to cut the graphic for it. i have wasted 150 feet of fluorescent and 75 of another color trying to get these to cut. can anyone help me with why this would be doing this?

thanks

lue anne

Which cutter are you using? Which cutting program?

Could you attach the file you are trying to cut, and maybe I could try it here?

When you click Reply- you must then click Additional Options to get to the attach feature.

Did the same thing for me. So I would assume then that it has something to do with the file and how it was saved, and not the cutter. Did you create this file? Did someone create it for you? Which program was used to make it?

Can you get another copy of the file elsewhere?

I was able to cut it ok using Flexi...why don't you try downloading a trial version of SignGo and try it with that? You have nothing to lose but a little time.Do a test with the same vinyl you already used,and ruined,cutting over the top of your old cut,to see if it works.

thanks!!!!! i will try the trial version to see if it will work.    i didn't create that eps and don't really remember where i got it, although it was downloaded off the computer i do know that.  i hope this other program works...will let you know tomorrow.

thanks!!!!

lue anne

I was able to cut it ok using Flexi...why don't you try downloading a trial version of SignGo and try it with that? You have nothing to lose but a little time.Do a test with the same vinyl you already used,and ruined,cutting over the top of your old cut,to see if it works.

i can't seem to find a way to flip the graphic so it will cut lenghtwise on my vinyl, it wants to cut it straight across the 24 width....how do i change that? can you help?

thanks

lue anne

I'm not familiar with Signgo enough to tell you but every program seems to have a way to cut down the length.You should be able to play around with it. In Flexi,there is a little person Icon,you click on the way you want the thing to cut.

Sorry I can't help more.