Sign in to follow this  
gm2k8

test run with pen

i finally got my dedicated pc done using spare parts (P4 2GHZ 512mb winxp) and i finally finished assembly by putting the laserpoint on the stand.. i hooked it up with serial since this pc had serial port.. and it was a close run..

installed the software.. quickly just pulled some clipart from the library.. did some text.. everything worked fine so far..

im using DollarStore $1 wrapping paper turned over and cut down from 30" to 20" so it would fit.. put the pen in and well

here are the first tries.. only had few minutes today to play with it.. so tomorrow i will design something and cut in vinyl but

i think i will keep doing the pen plotting first to make sure everything looks good before i do it in vinyl..

some pics below..

2yvm7et.jpg

30bjptz.jpg

one of our cats "sylvester" had to investigate my test run while i was taking pics of them on the floor

bdhtf.jpg

wtulmx.jpg

im gonna do somethings tomorrow.. if i have time.. :thumbsup:  its so cool to see it plot things out.. awesome.. i gotta get me some heatpress vinyl too so i can make some tshirts like yours..

i have a question.. has anyone updated to SP3 with their winxp machines and the cutter? i didnt install SP3 on this box yet just wanted to test before and after.. i will install it tomorrow and see if it has any effect

Guest fivestar

Yes I have SP3 running my cutter machine and it works fine.  BTW, those look great.

Yes I have SP3 running my cutter machine and it works fine.  BTW, those look great.

sweet... i will install it tomorrow.. i am using a KVM switch so i can go from my work box with vista to my "cutter box" with xp :thumbsup: im going to do all the design on my vista box.. all my software is already on that box.. im just gonna use the cutter box to cut.. thats it..

I also test many of my new designs with a pen as well.  Especially helpful when you vectorize an image and need to do a bit of cleanup.  Sometimes you don't see certain issues with a design until it finally goes to the cutter.  :thumbsup:

I also test many of my new designs with a pen as well.  Especially helpful when you vectorize an image and need to do a bit of cleanup.  Sometimes you don't see certain issues with a design until it finally goes to the cutter.  :thumbsup:

thats what i was thinking.. i have a few things i have converted with inkscape i want to try.. i will pen them first..

Guest kenya

Great start....... now it's decal time  :thumbsup:.