ryan_46307

What is the best software to use with the 630?

Does it have better drivers for the 630 or is it just a better interface? What makes it better...lol should ahve put that in the original post

Guest fivestar

Because Flexi does everything except make you coffee in the morning.  I'm working on it to do that too.  :thumbsup:;D ;D

SignBlazer is good too, but Flexi has been the industry standard for some time now.

I was just wondering because I am using SignBlazer right now and it seems like it never wants to complete the cuts all of the way. I tried changing the cut speed and what not, but it never seems to work. I tried signcut and it seems to be better at closing the letters compared to signblazer, but I was only using the trial

I would ask what you are wanting to do with the program.

If you are looking to create sign text and dont need to do to much graphically then Flexi is the way to go.

If you are doing more graphics and less text I would go with Adobe Illustrator and SignCut X2.

Flexi as already stated is a very good program for general vinyl plotting but if you are looking at doing more detailed work you cant beat Adobe Illustrator.

If you scan a lot of images then vectorize them for cutting AI beats Flexi hands down. I personally have both and I find myself using AI and X2 quite a bit more than Flexi.

If you dont mind laying down the cash AI and Flexi make a great combination but if I had to choose between the two programs I would choose AI w/ X2 over Flexi. I however dont run a sign shop and most of the vinyl I cut is for paint masks so the graphic aspect of AI suites me much more than Flexi.

Guest fivestar

Do you have the Pro edition of Flexi?  There's so many features in the pro edition that it would take yrs to get familiar with them all.  AI is the leading vector software but if you are on a real tight budget try Inkscape, totally free, www.inkscape.org people say it traces better then AI and Corel Draw.  I use Draw and don't have any problems between using it and Flexi Pro.

IN 3 years using Flexi and Flexi Pro, I"ve never had a file that wouldn't cut and I don't have any extra memory in either of my cutters.

I have AI and SBE. I make the decals that are giving me the problems in AI and import them into SBE. I got a hold of a company that is going to send me a free demo of Flexi to see if that fixes that problem.

Do you have the Pro edition of Flexi?  There's so many features in the pro edition that it would take yrs to get familiar with them all.  AI is the leading vector software but if you are on a real tight budget try Inkscape, totally free, www.inkscape.org people say it traces better then AI and Corel Draw.  I use Draw and don't have any problems between using it and Flexi Pro.

Yes I have 8.1 Pro.

Flexi Starter + Inkscape will do almost anything you want. Once you get to the point that you think you need AI or Corel...you will probably have made enough money with Flexi+ Inkscape to shell out the big bucks that those programs cost. And like me, they will probably go unused because I had all I needed to begin with and didn't realize it.

Linux and Inkscape!!!!!  ;D

I would love to go with a linux machine, but nothing ever works correctly lol. It took me like a damn day to get all the drivers setup when I tried using it one time.

That must have been some time ago.

Try Ubuntu or Suse they all are great for people to use now.

I tried both of those a few months back...they were very slow to load,even compared to Windows. I found also that I just have too much crap that wouldn't work with them at all, or took too much effort to make work.

Please help me make some informed decisions. I have already the free SignBlazer and being a graphic designer have AI and decideing on getting X2. What would Flexi do differently than AI with X2? Since I'm very new to this I just want to be sure that the benefits of Flexi are graphic oriented instead of specialized cutting parameters? Thanks.

I learned on AutoCad and Gerber Composer (Now Omega). Flexi seams to be the next best thing. The rest are wanabees. my 2cts